Hitec/Multiplex Toledo Show 2017 - RC Groups

Hitec/Multiplex Toledo Show 2017

We stop by the Hitec booth to check out two new planes and some new servos to get excited about.

Splash

Extra 330SC

This Extra was designed by Gernot Bruckmann so we know it will fly great. It has some great design details included to make life easy including easy install wing mounts, a magnetic battery tray and more. It has Hitec servos installed and it will actually break down and fit back into the original box for transport. It's going to sell for around $350 RR and should be available in the coming months.

Stay tuned to the Hitec website for more info when it is released.

Fun Glider

The EasyGlider was a staple in the foam glider world and now we have a smaller plane called the Fun Glider. It also has some cool features like easy plug on/off wings and tail surfaces and it fits back into the box for transport. It has a full flying stab for elevator control and the price will be $189 with mulitplex servos and power system in a RR package. The Fun Glider should be hitting the shelves in May.

Stay tuned to the Hitec website for more info when it is released.

D Series servos

Hitec now has full metal jacket servos. These are high resolution 4096 fully programmable servos and come with nice looking anodized red cases. They also feature Titanium gears, coreless motors and a new digital programmable circuit. These run around $160 and are available right now.

Check out the Hitec D Series Servos here.

Apr 10, 2017, 04:46 PM
Sailplane Mafia
Wow so no new radio to replace the Aurora 9 series?
Apr 10, 2017, 10:12 PM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by gquiring
Wow so no new radio to replace the Aurora 9 series?
Patience........
Latest blog entry: The Pilot Yak Saga
Apr 12, 2017, 06:37 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
No Need to the Aroura 9X is awesome as it is. I love mine. Could play music though. LOL
Apr 12, 2017, 12:08 PM
MN WATTS Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowspider
No Need to the Aroura 9X is awesome as it is. I love mine. Could play music though. LOL
For some of my scale ships I've needed more then 9 channels. Something with 14 would be great. Patiently waiting to see what comes out.
Apr 12, 2017, 04:00 PM
Sailplane Mafia
I jumped ship to the Graupner MZ-24 two years ago. I love the radio, much better telemetry options and integrated voice. I still have a bunch of Aurora 9 receivers that I was hoping I could still use if Hitec would introduce a new radio.
Apr 13, 2017, 01:52 PM
Obsession, not hobby
The hippy booth! Cut your hair, Tanner.
Apr 13, 2017, 03:42 PM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazRC
The hippy booth! Cut your hair, Tanner.
Then I wouldn't be allowed in the Long Haired 3D Hippie Committee
Latest blog entry: The Pilot Yak Saga
Apr 13, 2017, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri
For some of my scale ships I've needed more then 9 channels. Something with 14 would be great. Patiently waiting to see what comes out.
I'm right there with you on that. I like my Aurora 9, but run out of channels pretty quick. Steve told my last summer that they were going to introduce a new radio by mid winter. I forgot to ask what winter.
Apr 13, 2017, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gquiring
I jumped ship to the Graupner MZ-24 two years ago. I love the radio, much better telemetry options and integrated voice. I still have a bunch of Aurora 9 receivers that I was hoping I could still use if Hitec would introduce a new radio.
I just looked that radio up after seeing your post. $400 from Esprit. Seems like a lot of radio for the money. hmmmmm
Apr 13, 2017, 09:20 PM
Sailplane Mafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicJet
I just looked that radio up after seeing your post. $400 from Esprit. Seems like a lot of radio for the money. hmmmmm
It's even cheaper at Tower Hobbies using coupon codes. Join their Super Saver club for $5 and you get $60 off a $399 order. Plus the beginning of every month they have e-cash deals that gives you another $6 per $50 ( so a $400 order would be an additional $48). E-cash can be used on your next order (like receivers). You get 3 RX's and a metal carrying case too, it's a great deal.

The Graupner radio has superior voice control. I fly sailplanes and their vario integration is really good. It will announce height on demand or based on alarms. Plus the vario tones can be shutoff via a switch on the TX. The telemetry modules are programmed from the TX, you don't need a computer or any programming cards. Their ESC's work great too giving you RPM, temp, amps and voltage. Plus their receivers can have integrated gyros and accelerometers, FBL controllers and flight modules for quads. It's way more advanced than anything Hitec or Spektrum is offering.
Apr 14, 2017, 08:26 AM
Wow, thank you for all that info. I am certainly going to take a good look at them. Being able to program without a computer hooked up would huge.

Thank you again.