Apr 17, 2017, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
Adam, love your zombi paint job and yes, love the corks either side although I do believe that it's more like a Frankenstein's monster than a zombi ... good for experimenting and trying different things

sorry to hear your motor was stuffed but they are a great little motor though .. so much so that next time I place an order with HK I will be ordering another couple

Lockey
It is more frankensteiny than zombi. The stitches were the kids' idea!

Yeah I need to make a large order at Hobbyking. Seeing as I'm quite enjoying this hobby, I think I need to get a range of batteries, motors, speed controllers, servos etc. etc.

So many to choose from!
Last edited by scorchythebear; Apr 17, 2017 at 06:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2017, 06:34 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorchythebear
It is more frankensteiny than zombi. The stitches were the kids' idea!

Yeah I need to make a large order at Hobbyking. Seeing as I'm quite enjoying this hobby, I think I need to get a range of batteries, motors, speed controllers, servos etc. etc.

So many to choose from!
I have worked out over the past 3 or so years what I think is best (for me) I tend to use the same motors, esc, battery etc on most of my models

Lockey
Apr 17, 2017, 03:21 PM
I think for now I'll just order the things that whatever plan I'm building specifies. That way I'll build up a stock (unless they end up in trees ) and get a better idea of what I need.

No building for me today been monkeying around in the woods and now I'm monkeying around with Sketchup to figure out what all the buttons do, which addons are useful etc. But mainly trying to work out how the hell you do it!
Last edited by scorchythebear; Apr 17, 2017 at 03:29 PM.
Apr 17, 2017, 09:51 PM
That looks very good to me Adam

Lockey
Apr 18, 2017, 10:04 AM
Quote:
I think for now I'll just order the things that whatever plan I'm building specifies. That way I'll build up a stock (unless they end up in trees ) and get a better idea of what I need.

No building for me today been monkeying around in the woods and now I'm monkeying around with Sketchup to figure out what all the buttons do, which addons are useful etc. But mainly trying to work out how the hell you do it!
I think you are getting it. Looks nice.
Apr 18, 2017, 06:20 PM
If anyone is interested, I have started a list of supplies I use on most of my builds ... it might help some of the newer guys to scratch building .. most I buy from Hobby King (cheap and easily accessible) but similar items are available elsewhere .. try E-Bay you can get some good bargains with free shipping

https://www.lockeysrcplans.com/supplies

Lockey
Apr 18, 2017, 06:34 PM
Cheers Lockey. This will be a big help for me

The number of things out there is fairly daunting so it's nice to have it narrowed down a bit.
Apr 18, 2017, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Cheers Lockey. This will be a big help for me

The number of things out there is fairly daunting so it's nice to have it narrowed down a bit.
I do try other things from time to time but these are the items I use most and have found them to be the most reliable .. I am adding to the list all the time

Lockey
Apr 19, 2017, 06:44 PM
Right, here we go!

"It's like deja-vu all over again"...

Just the highlights this time.
Apr 19, 2017, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Right, here we go!

"It's like deja-vu all over again"...

Just the highlights this time.
Good on yea mate, look forward to seeing her fly real soon

Lockey
Apr 20, 2017, 08:24 AM
When cows fly!
Yesterday, 04:32 PM
Nearly there
Yesterday, 05:04 PM
Looking good Adam, hope you have better luck this time mate .. avoid trees

Lockey
Yesterday, 07:52 PM
When cows fly!
Can't wait for the flight video.......or tree impaction! Either way, keep up the great work
Today, 06:02 AM
The trees all have leaves on now so are easier to spot

If I do end up 'performing an emergency landing' in one I'll try to do it at a much slower speed

I have a cunning plan for rescuing planes from trees! It involves fishing line, a ball bearing, a steel rod and a crossbow. What could possibly go wrong?
Last edited by scorchythebear; Today at 06:52 AM.