Coming along now Adam, looking good mate

Lockey
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2017, 08:12 AM
When cows fly!
Apr 15, 2017, 04:58 PM

The maiden

I think the video speaks for itself

I couldn't get it to take off from the grass so I decided to chuck it.

Disaster! (1 min 26 sec)

My fault entirely I gave the turn too much, let the nose drop and lost altitude and KABOOM!!! The pod survived though!

It was all over a bit too quickly and the battery was pretty much fully charged so I decided to stick it into the bigger Taube (now known as the Rumpled Taube ) and take that for a couple of flights (the second with the ESC hanging out the bottom!).

Flying the big Taube after my disaster with the mini Taube. (4 min 20 sec)

Going to build this one again starting tomorrow! Less crashing this time.
Last edited by scorchythebear; Apr 15, 2017 at 05:47 PM.
Apr 15, 2017, 06:43 PM
When cows fly!
Its just a "Flesh wound", that will buff right out! Damn foam attracting trees!
Apr 15, 2017, 09:14 PM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
So sorry to see that Adam, won't it go back together just for testing even if it's not too pretty

I have lots of questions .. how did it fell compared to the bigger one ? What battery did you use ? Did it have enough power ? What was the all up weight ? Etc etc

Again mate ... so sorry

Lockey
Apr 15, 2017, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
So sorry to see that Adam, won't it go back together just for testing even if it's not too pretty

I have lots of questions .. how did it fell compared to the bigger one ? What battery did you use ? Did it have enough power ? What was the all up weight ? Etc etc

Again mate ... so sorry

Lockey
It's just foam but I'm sorry I broke it so quickly!

A rebuild? Like a bionic, Frankenstein plane. I'll try

The AUW was 441g. I used 1000 maH 3s and i only had a 9x4.7 prop so i stuck that on. It was tricky to balance with this battery with a tendency toward being nose heavy. I had to put the battery way back in the compartment. I used someone new for the lite-ply so perhaps it isn't as light as claimed.

It felt like it had lots of power, i chucked it at just over half throttle. For the 30 seconds i flew it felt good, bit less floaty than the larger model. I had 60-70% throws on everything with some expo.

If it goes back together you'll be the first to know
Apr 16, 2017, 01:36 AM

Zombie Taube

Repairs. Not nice neat repairs, but hopefully strong ones.
Apr 16, 2017, 03:51 AM

It lives!!

Zombie/Frankenstein's Taube is alive!

The maiden....Didn't happen The motor doesn't want to work after my little mishap.

Plan B is, order another motor build a fresh non-zombified taube in the hope that Lockey can get to see a non-buggered version flying for longer than 30 seconds!

I'll keep the zombie one for experiments!!
Last edited by scorchythebear; Apr 16, 2017 at 05:31 AM.
Apr 16, 2017, 06:43 AM
When cows fly!
Zombie Taube....of course I would like it!
Apr 16, 2017, 06:41 PM
When cows fly!

And Just For Fun!

From the Cold Ass Ranch!
Apr 16, 2017, 06:46 PM
Robin looks very cool and intelligent. Reminds me of this guy...

But would probably make better movies!
Apr 16, 2017, 08:57 PM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Adam, love your zombi paint job and yes, love the corks either side although I do believe that it's more like a Frankenstein's monster than a zombi ... good for experimenting and trying different things

sorry to hear your motor was stuffed but they are a great little motor though .. so much so that next time I place an order with HK I will be ordering another couple

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Apr 16, 2017 at 10:36 PM.