Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Horizon Hobby Toledo Show 2017

We check out some cool products at the Horizon Hobby booth Friday morning at the 2017 Toledo Trade Show.

E-flite Commander mPd 1.4M plane

E-flite Commander mPd 1.4M

The E-flite Commander mPd 1.4M airplane is simply stunning to see in person. It has elegant lines and a polished look to it with great details and quality you expect from these guys. It's a modern take on classic styling designed by Mirco Pecorari and David Payne that features AS3X with SAFE, a wide flight envelope and factory installed flaps for shorter take offs and landings. The wing system is made to easily come off with no need to mess with servo wires and the whole plane assembles together with just 8 screws! There is a 15 size brushless motor inside with a 45A ESC. You can get it in BNF for $229 or PNP for $199.

Check out the E-flite Commander at Horizon Hobby.

Carbon Z Cessna

The Carbon Z Cessna hit the market in a big way. It's a 2.1M scale foamy that has lots of cool details like LED lights, flaps and wheel pants. Convenience is the name of the game here and the Carbon Z Cessna can be assembled at the field with NO TOOLS!!! It's easy to transport and put together which means you actually won't mind taking it out to the field. It has an AS3X receiver, big brushless motor and a 60A ESC. You'll need some 4-6S 4000-7000mAH lipo packs to fly her and don't forget to pick up a set of the optional floats for some scale lake flying fun. The BNF version is $399 and the PNP runs $379.

Check out the Carbon Z Cessna at Horizon Hobby.

Blade Helicopters

Blade has a few new helis to talk about at Toledo. The Blade mSR S BNF was on display. This is a $99 BNF or $119 RTF helicopter with AS3X and SAFE technology built in to give you rock solid handling and performance. It's a fixed pitch helicopter that is great for your first heli. It's durable and easy to repair and maintain. Going up a size will net you the Blade 130 S which also features SAFE tech with 3 modes, self leveling stabilization and a panic switch to save it when you get lost learning inverted flight or other maneuvers. The 130 S runs $249 RTF and $199 BNF. If you are ready for full on 3D flight then the new Trio 360 CFX is a beast to behold. It's a fully assembled BNF model for $599. It has a beautiful 3 bladed head for supreme collective authority and response.

Check out these Helicopters at BladeHelis.

Apr 07, 2017, 05:09 PM
DFS#000178
They need to just take my money on that CZ 150 already.
Apr 07, 2017, 10:43 PM
So any new releases? I hear rumors long ago to watch Toledo for a new ______ ________.
Apr 07, 2017, 11:28 PM
I will be an angry old man!
HH had a good display, lots of staff available to answer questions and popular products available for sale on site.
Apr 08, 2017, 01:52 AM
http://roys-rc-tv.webs.com/
Love the show coverage.
I'm a brit who can't make it over this year so great to see what's going on from the comfort of my home.
Tim could you do one thing for me, go check out fellow brits John and Viv on the Deluxe Materials stand ( great range of glues and a hole lot more) and say hi for me.
Roy T
Apr 08, 2017, 05:42 AM
Build to fly, fly to fix
Damn! Every time i say i am done with foam, they make something new like the Commander. This one is coming home with me. Love the lines!
Apr 08, 2017, 07:01 AM
RCG Staff
Horizon Hobby Booth - Toledo Weak Signals 2017 (14 min 43 sec)
Apr 08, 2017, 09:20 PM
I know they won't do it, but with all the improvements they have made in their foam models they really could bring back the stryker. Something like a modernized C variant. It definitely still has a place and would be a great fpv racer.
Apr 09, 2017, 05:03 PM
Modeling Retread
Nothing new from Spektrum? Has that recent receiver problem got them dragging?
Apr 09, 2017, 11:14 PM
Money>Sense
I spent a bit of time at the Deluxe Materials stand and bought several things from him (CF tissue/ foam reinforcement/ gap filling foam glue/ epoxies). He had some interesting products to sell. Nice guy.
Apr 13, 2017, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRW3
Nothing new from Spektrum? Has that recent receiver problem got them dragging?
What recent receiver problem?
Apr 13, 2017, 03:00 PM

HH Toledo

Power safe DSMX receiver recall on spectrum. I heard they were about done on the repairs and might offer something to all of us that returned the units. I personally had to invest in a Powerbox receiver to replace the Spectrum unit at almost twice the cost.......
Apr 13, 2017, 10:29 PM
Oh ok , thanks for the info.
Apr 16, 2017, 08:03 PM

No Evo radials on display

I asked where the evolution radials are. I got a non-motivated corporate reply. Must be due to no more Nutty Bars.
Apr 17, 2017, 04:59 AM
What I see when I see Ashley....you go girl!!!

Regards