Dec 21, 2018, 11:27 PM
Forever Tinkering w/ Stuff
https://forum.alofthobbies.com/index...rsa-build.507/

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchdoc
I just took delivery of a 2X carbon Corsa.
6130 in the wings and 6110 in tail for elevator.
What size servo is the tray made to fit?
Where can I find your build thread?

Winchdoc
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2018, 08:15 PM
Cant fly enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12
Hi,
What color did you get? I placed an order today for the same model. I ask for red, I hope you didn't take the one I wanted!
I built one the past summer. Completely lost it to the Pacific on the fifth flight of the 1st day out with it. I liked the way it flew so I'm getting another.
I used a MKS HV6100 for the elevator in the tail. I didn't need extra nose weight. I think this gives the most positive control feel.

I couldn't get the servo wires to go under the ballast tube per Doc's instructions. Maybe using flat wires would make this feasible. They worked out going over top though.

My build log is on the Aloft forum.
Hello Jimbo!

I went with Blue!
Dec 29, 2018, 11:36 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
I'm starting to look at kitting out my Schwing Corsa.
The only headscratcher I can see is the elevator servo. Not much room in the tail.
Who's got pics of his tail setup, be it servo or otherwise?
Dec 29, 2018, 05:41 PM
Check out my build log at Aloft forums. The link is a couple posts back.

Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up&Away
I'm starting to look at kitting out my Schwing Corsa.
The only headscratcher I can see is the elevator servo. Not much room in the tail.
Who's got pics of his tail setup, be it servo or otherwise?
Dec 30, 2018, 12:44 PM
Cant fly enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12
Check out my build log at Aloft forums. The link is a couple posts back.

Yes
It is here:
https://forum.alofthobbies.com/index...rsa-build.507/
Jan 26, 2019, 12:07 PM
I started with the (for me) more problematic item; the elevator servo.
I'm using Hyperion Atlas servos throughout, and have a DS09 AMD for the elevator.
Needed to enlarge the opening somewhat, but the cover will still cover that. And I'll have to use the smallest arm to fit flush under the cover.
Jan 26, 2019, 01:54 PM
I found this clevis in my spares drawer. Fits the elevator connecting rod perfectly.
Last edited by Up&Away; Jan 27, 2019 at 01:38 AM.
Feb 02, 2019, 12:48 PM
The shortest pushrod I ever made.
Now all remains is figuring out how to glue the servo in place withour shmearing epoxy all over...
Feb 03, 2019, 02:17 AM
At the moment I am thinking of sliding the servo in place, lift it up with a couple of wedges, drizzle some 30 minute epoxy in, and release the wedges...
Any other/better way to do this?
Feb 03, 2019, 08:42 AM
When I did mine-
I directly glued the servo to the fuselage with 20-min epoxy w/ a bit of mirco-baloons.
I put the epoxy on the fuselage and popped the servo in, then aligned everything.
It worked out ok and wasn't messy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up&Away
At the moment I am thinking of sliding the servo in place, lift it up with a couple of wedges, drizzle some 30 minute epoxy in, and release the wedges...
Any other/better way to do this?
Feb 03, 2019, 12:08 PM
f5b-uk
Just an observation...if you made the pushrod a little longer you would not need to slide the servo so far up. This would make it a simpler installation and also allow you to remove the servo more easily if/when the gears strip or the nylon clevis breaks. Maybe you have to hide it out of the way for other reasons?
Feb 03, 2019, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Seale
Just an observation...if you made the pushrod a little longer you would not need to slide the servo so far up. This would make it a simpler installation and also allow you to remove the servo more easily if/when the gears strip or the nylon clevis breaks. Maybe you have to hide it out of the way for other reasons?
If the servo is lower it would be over the rudder pushrod cavity (you can see it some of the pics above), so only less than half the servo would be glued in place. Not a good thing for an elevator servo...
Feb 04, 2019, 01:00 AM
What's that clevis you use?
I'm not really settled about mine. I would prefer to use some kind of sleeve (copper tube maybe?) to sit permanently in the clevis inside the tail. Until I fitted the elevator on my Bird of Time permanently, every flying session I had to struggle to get the clevis lined up in the groove for the elevator rod to pass through.
Feb 04, 2019, 08:46 AM
Yes, ALL your money...
My pushrod end is a DuBro Ball link with an aluminum reducer cad into the ball. I had to turn the reducer on a lathe because I did not have the correct size tubing in my shop. The tube is wide enough to extend just past the fuselage sides.

Quick Reply