Apr 07, 2017, 02:14 AM
Mr
Discussion

Vector air speed alternative

I just purchased a Vector kit and in the same order I bought a Eagle Tree Airspeed microSensor V3 thinking it was all compatible. After unpacking it all it soon became obvious that the airspeed sensor was intended as a stand alone and the included plugs/cables wouldn't fit into the gps bus. Bugger...I contacted Eagle tree and promptly got a reply "You have to splice in a new cable or plug on the v3 airspeed sensor. Using your GPS cable as a reference, you will need to connect the red wire to the red wire on the new cable, and then all other wires in order" I haven't tried it out yet but it sounds feasible.
Robin in Oz
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2017, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbw
I just purchased a Vector kit and in the same order I bought a Eagle Tree Airspeed microSensor V3 thinking it was all compatible. After unpacking it all it soon became obvious that the airspeed sensor was intended as a stand alone and the included plugs/cables wouldn't fit into the gps bus. Bugger...I contacted Eagle tree and promptly got a reply "You have to splice in a new cable or plug on the v3 airspeed sensor. Using your GPS cable as a reference, you will need to connect the red wire to the red wire on the new cable, and then all other wires in order" I haven't tried it out yet but it sounds feasible.
Robin in Oz
I would return the Airspeed sensor V3 and get the one dedicated to the Vector.