FlySky FS-i6 firmware - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 06, 2017, 11:47 PM
Registered User
Discussion

FlySky FS-i6 firmware


Hello All, I just want to know if my FS-i6 transmitter has the latest firmware. I tried the internet but could not get a definitive answer. I bought it a month ago so since this is 2017 I suspect there must be an update. My version is
1.1 27-MAR-2015.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2017, 09:35 PM
Registered User
jecchile's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzbari
Hello All, I just want to know if my FS-i6 transmitter has the latest firmware. I tried the internet but could not get a definitive answer. I bought it a month ago so since this is 2017 I suspect there must be an update. My version is
1.1 27-MAR-2015.
I have the same firmware... bought my radio August of 2017... have not been able to find which is the latest version, only thing I have found is an update to convert it to a 10 channel radio which is something I don't care to do.
If you find out, please let me know... Thanks.
Oct 15, 2017, 11:35 PM
Registered User
Jecchile, If you bought your i6 new so recently with the same firmware as mine, then it must be the latest. I would like to update mine but I'm afraid of bricking it. I haven't heard of anybody updating successfully. Have you?
Oct 16, 2017, 07:44 AM
Registered User
jecchile's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzbari
Jecchile, If you bought your i6 new so recently with the same firmware as mine, then it must be the latest. I would like to update mine but I'm afraid of bricking it. I haven't heard of anybody updating successfully. Have you?
There are quite a few posts on Youtube which indicate that it is OK to update to the 10 channel Mods. I just don't have the need for it. 'I also have a Hitec Eclipse 7ch Pro, a great radio, which I use for my airplanes. Never have used more than 6 channels... I bought the FS-I6 for my quads.

Regards
Nov 07, 2017, 10:07 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzbari
Jecchile, If you bought your i6 new so recently with the same firmware as mine, then it must be the latest. I would like to update mine but I'm afraid of bricking it. I haven't heard of anybody updating successfully. Have you?
The easiest way is to use the official firmware update cable to update the firmware, but unless you want to have extra channels or need a flight timer or want to increase the 1min no usage beeper to 10 minutes I see no reason.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Nov 08, 2017, 07:00 AM
Registered User
jecchile's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLderDan
The easiest way is to use the official firmware update cable to update the firmware, but unless you want to have extra channels or need a flight timer or want to increase the 1min no usage beeper to 10 minutes I see no reason.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Thanks OlderDan... I decided not to do anything to the radio as it works just fine... You are so correct by saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"... many times one tries to update/fix things and the work turns out sour.
Happy flying.
Nov 08, 2017, 08:12 AM
Registered User
OlderDan, I agree. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". But if you want more channels, Flight timer etc. for only the cost of an update cable, Why not? I am still looking for that you tube or article that tells me the exact software to use that's "OK" to flash my i6.
Nov 08, 2017, 09:07 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzbari
OlderDan, I agree. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". But if you want more channels, Flight timer etc. for only the cost of an update cable, Why not? I am still looking for that you tube or article that tells me the exact software to use that's "OK" to flash my i6.
There is two different firmwares, this one is the most current 10 channel firmware https://github.com/benb0jangles/FlyS...rogrammer_V1_5

And this is the firmware with the timer mod https://github.com/benb0jangles/FlyS...rogrammer_V1_4
Nov 08, 2017, 10:40 AM
Registered User
OlderDan, Dan, thanks a bunch. Can't wait to brick it. uhh install it.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold FlySky FS-I6 with 2 RXs, 10 channel firmware RickyRoss Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 2 Mar 16, 2017 08:36 AM