This thread is privately moderated by nigelsheffield, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 06, 2017, 08:47 AM
Discussion

AKK Transmitter System 700TVL 2.8mm 120 Degree Lens Camera and FPV Transmitter

Bought this camera / vtx combo for putting on a RC glider at some point along with head tracking should be good range and fun!
The extra weight compared to the micro cameras I've been using won't be a problem for my gliders to carry and the extra vtx power will be good, lack of a wide angle lens will actually be a bonus when used with head tracking because there won't be any fish eye effect and focus should be better.

httpsw.amazon.com/AKK-Transmitter-System-Racking-Quadcopter/dp/B01N5A6SHM/ref=sr_1_7?m=ADP3MHCS3NLR7&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1491484694&sr=1-7
Shop https://de.aliexpress.com/store/2959...108.0.0.haJNAI

Shows size compared with tx03
Name: IMG_20170406_141320.jpg
Views: 91
Size: 541.8 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_20170406_141138.jpg
Views: 84
Size: 951.9 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_20170406_141126.jpg
Views: 63
Size: 795.8 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_20170406_141102.jpg
Views: 19
Size: 904.3 KB
Description:

A quick test in garden to see the video quality.
Akk fpv combo 600mw vtx and camera for long range fpv for my gliders. (0 min 35 sec)

Focus is good , better then the micro cameras and no fish eye effect.

Range tested through the house which is solid brick and stops the 200mw signals getting all the way through and it was a solid picture so the 600mw should be good.
Last edited by nigelsheffield; Apr 14, 2017 at 03:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2017, 03:46 AM
Aliexpress shop open for Europe too.
https://de.aliexpress.com/store/all-...s/2959045.html
Apr 22, 2017, 06:05 PM
Hey. I thought I'd pop in to say Hi at this thread.

Did your combo come with a mounting bracket for the camera? I am thinking about getting this one which I think is the same apart from the color (wish they had black in stock though).

The description on AE web site doesn't mention the bracket which I find a bit odd. One other reviewer apparently had the camera mount included.

Generally how do you rate the quality and signal strength of the transmitter compared to other products? There are couple of reviews of their selectable power transmitter and they are quite bad so I am a bit hesitant even though this combo is rather cheap at the moment.

Cheers.
Apr 23, 2017, 02:15 AM
No bracket , what you see in the pictures is what i got.
I'm not too worried though as I'm planning on a pan and tilt mount for head tracking.
A basic mount should be easy to build with odds and ends or buy one off eBay etc...
It's 600mw so I'm expecting range to be further then I'd ever need, so far I've tested around the house and garden , through all the walls that block the signal on the 25mw cameras and picture is rock solid clear as a bell.
Apr 23, 2017, 03:39 AM
Thanks for the info. I wonder how much it actually outputs. One of the reviewers I mentioned in the previous post was getting somewhere between 250mW and 450mW on 600mW setting depending on a frequency. The other one was apparently getting around around 500mW max on both 200mW and 600mW settings. Seems quite random

I ordered the combo anyway. For $22 it was quite hard to resist.
Apr 23, 2017, 05:00 AM
Prices back to normal now so you got in just in time!
I bet they will have another sale before long though...
Apr 23, 2017, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
Prices back to normal now so you got in just in time!
I bet they will have another sale before long though...
Yeah, I know. It was the last minute call. That's why I was posting the question yesterday as wanted to find out if it came with the bracket. They also have a camera sold separately which clearly had the bracket included and that was the one I wanted to get initially. The reason I decided to go for the combo was that for $5 more I could get a transmitter which was quite a good value I thought. However if I need to purchase the mount separately it kind of defies the point as it will probably cost me another $5 or so

Apparently, according to Amazon customers (I posted the question there as well) and a reviewer on rcgroups the combo I ordered includes the bracket. There is always a chance they will remove it from the package though and sell separately the same way they did with their micro camera and an additional whip antenna. (Unless you were the lucky one and got the antenna as a bonus which was never included.) Hope not but I guess I'll find out soon.
Apr 23, 2017, 08:57 AM
I hope you get the bracket but if not I'm sure it would easy enough to make something from a some scraps ,
A popsicle stick or some metal from the recycling box etc...
I've made a pan and tilt for the s2 camera using servo horns and paper clips and elastic bands which works a treat and weighs less than a bought one..Oh and if i want i can make it different heights so could put it in a cockpit and make it the right height for the pilots view.
Apr 23, 2017, 09:50 AM
True. I am sure I will be able to get it sorted. As long as the camera performs nicely.

Slightly OOT. Wonder why their power selectable transmitter performs that badly (test here) as generally other products seem to get quite good reviews. Maybe just a dodgy batch or sth.
Apr 23, 2017, 10:56 AM
You mean this one?
https://de.aliexpress.com/store/prod...615.0.0.QffJrb

Mixed reviews point to some quality control issue, one said a dodgy crimped connection so maybe the others who had bad ones were similar?
I wonder if some of the gear is made by different companies hence varying quality and reviews?

To be honest i almost expect a certain failure rate on anything i buy these days and then I'm not too disappointed as long as the company make good on the deal and either refund or resend items.
Just lately I've probably had 50% of what i bought off banggood refunded on because of poor performance, i had a camera way out of focus and glued solid , goggles that go white screen , a brushless motor just lacking power sometimes?!?!? And various other things i cant remember right now lol, oh and graphine lipos from hobbyking which just did not live up to advertised rates and were outperformed by basic turnigy blue cells....Hobbyking did right by me on those though, i ended up with a refund and 5 extra batteries because they sent replacements which were same and then refunded and sent some more of the blue cells as a way of saying sorry!!
So when something works correctly first time it's actually quite a nice surprise lol..!

Quick Reply