This thread is privately moderated by LemonC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 05, 2017, 05:10 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

2nd smashed CCD cam in the last 2 weeks or so... :/

Today i was having a blast on my lunch break, and destroyed my foxeer arrow!!!! >

My first CCD was a runcam swift, which i kinda hated. it was the previous version. i constantly had problems with it, mainly mounting. My two chassis ive been using are really tight. the darkside arc200 has little room in the front (or back) for mounting anything. i could not use the 4point mount with it, so i just mounted it with the two point option and it never held its position for anything. a few weeks ago i did a roll flip with not enough cut throttle, and ended up diving into a soccer goal and completely smashed my runcam swift. after mulling over a possible replacement, i finally threw on my old cmos quanum cam. luckily that cmos has about 120degree view which is/was just like my foxeer arrow (2.5mm lens) 120degree view. i also did not like that the runcam didnt have the same super convenient vbat osd info like my foxeer arrow.

Today, i was doing getting jiggy and after having passed under two soccer goals 20times successfully (over estimate im sure) i heard that softball bat pinging noise and lost my video feed. same damage. altho, the ccd chip didnt chip but definately came off the board and my 2.5mm lens is smashed up bad.

lame. oh, and my kim 195 frame is gonzo. i had cracked the upper lower deck a while back but it seemed ok to fly with, but when i busted my foxeer, i also severed the arm near the crack. (i have a backup frame that i m really excited to get going now - its a 220mm i believe, i will use my 2205 2300kv on it with T5040 props).

On a brigher note, my new 4s lipos should be arriving today! im going from 3s to 4s finally. altho i still really like my racerstar 2205 2300kv on 3s. i really wanted the 4s for my 1806 2300kv dys motors. i ordered tattu 1050mah 45c lipo which should be good i think and im wanting to build some 3in and 4in frame more-so for my next projects...
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply