Aug 28, 2017, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandris
This conversion satisfied two improvements I had in mind for my E-Flite Convergence. First, I wanted to change the flight controller over to OAVTOL with a KK2 mini flight control board. Second, it was just crying out for a set of tricycle retracts.

Bob
Cool!
Would you post the pictures showing your retract installation?
Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2017, 02:08 AM
Are the KK-mini's still in production or ceased? I have difficulty getting hold of one.
Aug 29, 2017, 10:38 AM
Altitude Hobbies carries them pre-flashed, but are currently out of stock. Here's a link to an ebay vendor who has a few available now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2723194...=ps&dispItem=1
Aug 29, 2017, 11:37 AM
LSF 004 - AMA 5055
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabo
Cool!
Would you post the pictures showing your retract installation?
Thanks.
babo,

Here's some photos. I just made some lite-ply mounts from scrap.

Bob
Sep 01, 2017, 08:52 AM
LUFTGUCKER
Thoughts,before making a pile of electronic and foam mess I will remove the fins,build a flex apron around the bottom and a wire mesh on top and call it an hovercraft,perfectly safe to use@
Last edited by lotsasteam; Sep 01, 2017 at 12:00 PM.
Jan 14, 2018, 07:58 PM

convergence conversion

I have all the parameters plugged into the kk 2.1.5 per the xls easy mode. All is working properly except stability. I programmed the gear switch for the transition which works properly. I am using the aux channel for stability. The channel out readout shows the aux channel changing state when I throw the switch but the control board remains in acro mode. Any help here on this?
Jul 27, 2018, 10:40 AM
I USE CAPS - EYE TROUBLE
Just to Kool - Ran your the man . I think i am going to do a blue core wing though . This one just looks to fast for a one eyed blind man .
Jul 29, 2018, 08:33 AM
I USE CAPS - EYE TROUBLE
Ran did you get the slow forward flight to work well with this craft ?
Jul 29, 2018, 10:29 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymcc
Ran did you get the slow forward flight to work well with this craft ?
Yes, SFF works fine. It drops the tail a little as you might expect, but I mostly trimmed that out. I always trim my aircraft so they can fly at any stage of transition indefinitely, even the tail sitters.

Quick Reply