Combat Module. Teensy. Fr Sky Smart port - RC Groups
Apr 05, 2017, 12:52 AM
Discussion

Combat Module. Teensy. Fr Sky Smart port

I am looking at an arduino laser module to be mounted in the front of a 1.5" module that has a receiver on the back end of the module.
TARANIS plus switch SH will send the pulse to the module, firing the laser.
my opponent has the same module that when hit sends a logical switch condition that says "YOU HAVE BEEN HIT!" , via a wav file.
in addition i would love to see a HUD on my OSD that tells me when to fire.(probably the best part of the concept)

A smart port sensor, a (laser with a receiver)(pod perhaps), and the ability to send and receive data to the smart port sensor system so it can report and track hits in both directions.

I got the idea watching a you tube vid of an AC following another using the OSD. Probably not the same as multi-rotor air combat... more like dogfighting, pods that i was exposed to in the military during wargames.

I am currently playing with construction of the module, pod.
I was looking at a unit by electrifly that would fire a sqiub to emit smoke,, but I cant find that anymore.

Anyone interested can contact me .

Thank you.

Douglas
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2017, 09:17 AM
I'm EDA engineer.

I like your idea and I could make a circuit with what you call Arduino integrated (I'd choose ATMEGA32U4).
Using a red laser module wouldn't be a problem, but I think you'll have a lot of problems receiving it properly with maybe some LDR.
About communication I wouldn't use any telemetry. I'd simply show received shots in the OSD via UART and make shooting with a spare servo channel.

About extras, forget about the "tell you when fire" system, that is impossible without artificial vision.
But the smoke is easy to achieve.

Bye!