This thread is privately moderated by Blaze0021, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 04, 2017, 11:01 AM
Thread OP
Video

Eleven Hobby F8F Bearcat 1100mm Warbird Performance Flight

This is the uncut performance flight video of my Eleven Hobby F8F Bearcat.

Eleven Hobby F8F Bearcat 1100mm Warbird Performance Flight (5 min 51 sec)

Where to buy the Eleven Hobby F8F Bearcat: http://us.banggood.com/Wholesale-War...a-1064148.html

Out of the box, I was pleasantly surprised to find no blemishes or shipping damage, as well as the quality fit and finish of the parts. The smooth leading wing edges, molded fuselage panel rivets and the rolled control surface hinge edges add a level of detail not often found on a RC aircraft model in this price point. The interior compartment is also very spacious - an added bonus for Lemon Rx Users for Receiver / Stabilizer / Antenna placement and orientation.

Assembly was very simple and took only 30 minutes and Setup / Adjustments took approximately 2 hours. The parts count is extremely low and all went together intuitively. Testing of the electronics revealed no issues (although I did have at one point a slightly buzzing Rudder Servo in which the buzzing eventually went away with use). Because I’m using Admiral Pro 4S 2200mAh 45 C Lipos with this Bearcat, I added (4) Great Planes 7-Gram Sticky Back Segmented Lead Weights just behind the Plastic Radial Faceplate to achieve the recommended 90-95mm CG mark when the model is balanced upside down.

Only lightly modified with the RocHobby P-51 Strega 10.5 x 8 4-Blade Propeller and “locked-in” with the Lemon Rx DSMX Compatible 7-Channel (End-Pin) Receiver / Stabilizer with Diversity Antenna, the Eleven Hobby F8F Bearcat is an excellent flying “dialed-in” model. Having been upgraded only with the RocHobby P-51 Strega Prop, it has a near 4S speed-like feel and also has an outstanding “near out of site” power climb (impressive, since I fly in Colorado.. 5734 feet above sea level). The max static amps while using the RocHobby P-51 Strega 10.5 x 8 4-Blade Propeller resulted in 35.6-Amps.. well within specs of the Stock Eleven Hobby 40-Amp ESC. The Max Static Amps were measured with an Eflite Power Meter, and a fully charged Admiral Pro 3S 2200mAh 45C Lipo was used in the testing. I also found no bad flight / landing characteristics with this warbird model and it is absolutely predictable. Officially licensed by Northrop Grumman or not, flying this F8F Bearcat rendition is an absolute joy, whether I’m just flying scale, or if I want to tear it up and eat up some sky - it's just that good.

The Eleven Hobby F8F Bearcat is a testament to the Eleven Hobby brand, and is a perfect example of an exceptional model from an RC company that hasn’t “rested on its laurels.”

UPGRADES / MODIFICATIONS:

Receiver: Lemon Rx DSMX Compatible 7-Channel (End-Pin) Receiver / Stabilizer with Diversity Antenna (LM0033)
http://www.lemon-rx.com/index.php?ro...product_id=131

Propeller: RocHobby P-51 Strega 10.5 x 8 4-Blade Propeller (FMMPROP028)
https://www.motionrc.com/products/ro...-5x8-propeller

TRANSMITTER, RECEIVER, & SETUP:

Transmitter: Spektrum DX8 (G2)
Gain Settings: Aileron - 9:30 O'Clock, Rudder – 9:30 O'Clock, Elevator - 10 O'Clock
High Rates: 100-Aileron / 25% Expo, 100-Elevator / 25% Expo, 100-Rudder, 0% Expo
Low Rates: 70-Aileron / 20% Expo, 70-Elevator / 20% Expo, 70-Rudder, 0% Expo
Control Rod Placement: Ailerons - Outer Hole, Elevator - Outer Hole, Rudder - Middle Hole, Flaps – Outer Hole
Flap System: Mid - 45% / Full - 75%
Flap Delay: 2.0 Seconds
Center of Gravity: 90-95mm (I added (4) Great Planes 7-Gram Sticky Back Lead Weights behind the Plastic Radial Faceplate).
Max Static Amps with RocHobby P-51 Strega 10.5 x 8 4-Blade Propeller: 35.6-Amps / 40-Amp Stock ESC
Battery: Admiral Pro 3S 2200mAh 45C
Throttle Timer: 4 Minutes
Lipo Final Voltage: 11.42 Volts out of 12.60 Volts (35%)

Camera: iPhone 7 at 1080P / 60 FPS
Camerawork: Mike “Deuces Wild” Frontiero

Thanks for watching and if you haven't already please click the Thumbs Up and Subscribe!
Last edited by Blaze0021; Apr 04, 2017 at 02:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2017, 09:42 AM
On the ol' Interweb
Whoa..! Blaze bought a model that wasn't from Horizon Hobby!!??
Apr 18, 2017, 09:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazRC
Whoa..! Blaze bought a model that wasn't from Horizon Hobby!!??
Dude.. where have you been? My hangar has been a lot of non-Horizon Hobby, which includes Tower Hobby, Eleven Hobby, FMS, RocHobby, and TechOne.
Last edited by Blaze0021; Apr 18, 2017 at 09:54 AM.

Quick Reply