Losi Desert Buggy XL-E - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Losi Desert Buggy XL-E

The all new Desert Buggy XL-E sees a number of advancements over previous 1/5th scale vehicles from Losi; a new shock design, flip up cage, MAXXIS tires, and plenty more!

Losi Desert Buggy XL-E

A New Electric 1/5th Scale From the Makers of the Baja

The all new Losi Desert Buggy XL-E (DBXL-E) is everything you want in a 1/5th scale vehicle, without the hassle and mess of gasoline. The DBXL-E sports a huge Dynamite 800kv motor and 8S Fuze Brushless ESC. Together, they provide the power to propel the Desert Buggy to speeds over 50 MPH on 8S LiPo. The DBXL-E comes with some pretty trick features as well, such as an LED light bar, a flip-top cage that makes accessing the batteries much faster, AVC technology that can be programmed for as much or as little stability assistance as you want, and MAXXIS Creepy Crawler tires. The Losi Desert Buggy XL-E retails for $999.00 and is scheduled for availability in mid May 2017.

CLICK HERE for more info.

Features:

• Flip top cage
  • LED light bar
  • Dynamite 800Kv brushless power system
  • Spektrum™ AVC® technology
  • Revised shock package
  • New wing and wing mount
  • New wing and wing mount
  • Waterproof electronics
  • Chassis brace plate
  • Aluminum center differential
  • Updated body panels and driver interior
  • New molded foam insert
  • MAXXIS Creepy Crawler tires
  • Includes Spektrum DX2E transmitter with AVC adjustment

Here's what Losi has to say about the all new Desert Buggy XL-E: When you want large scale electric power, choose the Losi® 1/5 DBXL-E. This fearless basher offers speeds of 50+ mph* on 8S power. The DBXL-E is faster, cleaner and easier to use than its gas counterpart, the DBXL. And with the inclusion of an AVC® system, you’ll have control at all times, whether you’re tearing up the terrain or flying across the pavement, wet or dry. Plus, its new centered drivetrain adds efficiency and durability, while the 800Kv motor will rocket you wherever you want to go. The DBXL-E is the definition of next-level awesomeness.

Losi 1/5 Desert Buggy XL-E 4WD Electric RTR with AVC (1 min 48 sec)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Apr 03, 2017 at 02:49 PM..
Apr 04, 2017, 07:07 PM
This thing is wicked cool looking!!! Wish I had $1000 laying around...actually more for batteries with it
Apr 04, 2017, 10:08 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
I would love this. 4WD, 8S brushless, low CG and AVC, yes please! It is quite a bit of $$ all at once though, especially with a couple sets of 4S packs. I mean... you can't have just one set! Need a beefy charger and power supply too.

Includes the DX2E... for me to poop on!

I've considered the Castle brushless conversion for one of my Bajas but the ones that already exist struggle to put that power down. 4WD with all that power... man! I'd love it. The neighbors would too.

I might need a set of those wheels and tires for my Kraken scale buggy conversion.
Apr 05, 2017, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
This thing is wicked cool looking!!! Wish I had $1000 laying around...actually more for batteries with it
+1

and a charger too for me...
Apr 07, 2017, 03:28 PM
Horizion doesn't use paypal for preorder's.
Was going to order one today
Apr 09, 2017, 04:32 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Ok so this is nice, but since I already have the gasser version, it would be nice to know how the shock upgrade/change is working opposed to the rubbish they put on the gasser. Too bad I already bought a set of 5ive shocks, but then at least I know these will WORK once I put them on. If the new shocks are also bladder-less, emulsion shocks and the springs have not been changed, then they will also be useless.
Be nice of the body will fit on the gasser too....would be nice to flip open to change batteries and whatnot.
Love the new tires, I just hope they are not as soft as the original offering as the old ones turn into 'pizza cutters' way too easily. Sure, can be remedied with some thicker diff oil, but I would consider them a nice upgrade when we know how well they work.
Nice colour scheme's as well.....the blue is really nice.

Looks like it could be an improvement on the gasser, but I still like the NOISE of a gasser....then again, I don't have neighbours so agree 100% that the electrick version will be popular.
Apr 18, 2017, 11:10 PM
T-28 abuser
Might pre-order. Can't decide.
May 10, 2017, 09:08 AM
Ordered !
May 11, 2017, 02:43 PM
I want one but have to sell my xmaxx first.
May 11, 2017, 04:52 PM
T-28 abuser
Still can't decide, lol
May 12, 2017, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstatik
Still can't decide, lol
Come on BIG!
You need a push

!!!! YOU CAN DO IT !!!!

Get onboard
May 12, 2017, 10:12 AM
DBXL - E 전동 전세계 최초 발매 (12 min 45 sec)
May 12, 2017, 02:08 PM
T-28 abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim7
Come on BIG!
You need a push

!!!! YOU CAN DO IT !!!!

Get onboard
Expensive.
May 13, 2017, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim7
that looks pretty sweet with those mtxl tires on it!
May 22, 2017, 06:49 AM
See if you can find the difference's in my edited DBXL-E picture