Sep 05, 2017, 03:22 AM
Anyone running the Spedix gs30 at Dshot 1200 OK? I have some for a build and just wondering if it is worth eaving them at 600.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2017, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimster71
Anyone running the Spedix gs30 at Dshot 1200 OK? I have some for a build and just wondering if it is worth eaving them at 600.
I got desync problems with dshot1200, don't recommend yet.
Sep 05, 2017, 06:28 AM
why is everybody so obsessed with Dshot1200? do you all run 32k Loops oO?
Sep 05, 2017, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by downloader9
I got desync problems with dshot1200, don't recommend yet.
Ok, thanks. Might start off with Dshot 600 and 8/8 on the FC.
Sep 05, 2017, 08:00 AM
What is landing :O
@sskaug @felix
the dji mavic pro platinum or something apparently uses FOC for its ESCs. Interesing :O
Sep 05, 2017, 10:53 AM
Quad Enthusiast
Pretty sad using these wraith32. I havent had but a few desyncs in the year ive flown, but all I seem to have is desync issues with these. Im running a FC based off the omnibus F4 and using wraith32 35a esc. Just had another desync and my last esc isnt working now, it seems like a the regulator on it burned out with the desync. Im using dshot600 and have cranked up my digital idle, done everything I can think of to get rid of these desyncs. Just broke my frame also. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I'm beginning to think maybe the escs regulator just died in mid flight. Here's a video of what happened. Everything was so smooth and running amazingly until this.

Blheli_32 Desync.. (2 min 21 sec)
Last edited by Adamtfc; Sep 05, 2017 at 03:28 PM.
Sep 05, 2017, 08:47 PM
Oho
Oho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b
try this link and click the green button clone or download the down load the zip.
https://github.com/bitdump/BLHeli/tr...5894ede88c1777
You will find it in the bl-heli 32 arm folder
figured the problem out. i needed to manualy reinstalllatest bl32 suite, mine was hella old and i assuemd it wou8ld auto update.
thanks for your reply
Sep 06, 2017, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Richard
why is everybody so obsessed with Dshot1200? do you all run 32k Loops oO?
Right. I don't understand why many people are obsessed with Dshot 1200. If we run 8k/8k, is there any benefit to run more than Dshot 300? Dshot is synced to PID loop even with faster protocol, isn't it?
Sep 06, 2017, 07:09 AM
I have the Wraith32 ESCs and am running the latest build of Betaflight 3.2. When I enable display of the ESC temperature and RPMs within the OSD, the display shows one temperature value and one RPM value, but I was expecting to see 4 of each (one for each ESC).

Are the values I'm seeing just from one ESC, or an average??? Is there a way to display the value of each ESC?

I seem to recall seeing videos that people posted in which their OSD had 4 different temperature values and 4 different RPM values.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Sep 06, 2017, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaun
I have the Wraith32 ESCs and am running the latest build of Betaflight 3.2. When I enable display of the ESC temperature and RPMs within the OSD, the display shows one temperature value and one RPM value, but I was expecting to see 4 of each (one for each ESC).

Are the values I'm seeing just from one ESC, or an average??? Is there a way to display the value of each ESC?

I seem to recall seeing videos that people posted in which their OSD had 4 different temperature values and 4 different RPM values.

i guess its was me .. but i fly KISS Fc with KISS OSD... this shows all 4 ESC's and overall current
Sep 06, 2017, 08:51 AM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro123
@sskaug @felix
the dji mavic pro platinum or something apparently uses FOC for its ESCs. Interesing :O
FOC control only works if you control both the motor and the ESC. There's not a good way to make an FOC ESC that works with every motor, because it essentially has to be tuned for each motor. Given the trouble people already have with their FCs, can you imagine what it would look like if they had to do as much work with the ESC for each motor?
Sep 06, 2017, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadMcFly
FOC control only works if you control both the motor and the ESC. There's not a good way to make an FOC ESC that works with every motor, because it essentially has to be tuned for each motor. Given the trouble people already have with their FCs, can you imagine what it would look like if they had to do as much work with the ESC for each motor?
don't know whats a FOC is .. but maybe its something like a closed loop control? like Autoquad did it with his ESC32?
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/aq-esc32/esc32-version-3/
Sep 06, 2017, 08:57 AM
What is landing :O
@quadmcfly thanks for clarifying that. That would make a massive mess of already messy things
Sep 06, 2017, 09:08 AM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Richard
don't know whats a FOC is .. but maybe its something like a closed loop control? like Autoquad did it with his ESC32?
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/aq-esc32/esc32-version-3/
No FOC is a totally different drive mechanism. Here's a good article that explains the differences. We're currently using trapezoidal control methodology.
http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1279321
Sep 06, 2017, 09:28 AM
AKA Alex Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaun

Maybe you saw the beta version of my BF32 OSD.
Are you using the Betaflight OSD (integrated on your FC)? Or do you run MWOSD on an external board (PiggyOSD, microMinim etc.)?

BF32 OSD demo (4 min 25 sec)

Quick Reply