Apr 09, 2021, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4712
Can you please tell a bit more about the kind of errors you exactly discover?
Well, master is identified as a different version then the slaves.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2021, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry_boatface
I set up the AUTO TELEMETRY to enabled via blheli32 suite.
Now I expect the ESC to send some data at rate 115200 on the telem pin.
I connect this pin to USB-Serial converter on the PC and expect see something, but I get nothing (
Looks like it does not send anything. Does it need some extra command on input pin?Version is 32.7
Solved it, the ESC has to be armed to output auto telemetry.
Now I see the data.
Can someone please point me to the algorithm on how to decode this telemetry?
I want to see the numbers on the arduino.
I am receiving messages of 10 bytes (here is the example 4.109.0.0.0.0.0.0.39.10)
How to know where is the beginning ? How to decode them
Last edited by Dmitry_boatface; Apr 09, 2021 at 08:53 AM.
Apr 09, 2021, 08:45 AM
4c 6f 76 65 20 52 2f 43
Here's an open source program that shows the values in a GUI. If you look at the source (also available), then you should be able to encode the data.
Apr 09, 2021, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry_boatface
Solved it, the ESC has to be armed to output auto telemetry.
Now I see the data.
Can someone please point me to the algorithm on how to decode this telemetry?
I want to see the numbers on the arduino.
Format is in here I believe.
https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...s/esc_sensor.c
Apr 09, 2021, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnAble FPV
Well, master is identified as a different version then the slaves.
So, there is no error reported, but a report of different ESC hardware.
Unfortunately manufacturers sometimes use to change the hardware over time of an ESC, sold under a specific name.
This has not be necessarily a problem, if all ESC perform the same way, which I unfortunately can not assess.
Apr 09, 2021, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto
Here's an open source program that shows the values in a GUI. If you look at the source (also available), then you should be able to encode the data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexm
Thanks for the info, I managed to decode all data and get real numbers.
Unfortunately the current value is unusable. It is wrong and not linearly wrong.
Temperature, voltage, rpm is fine.
I wanted to use the esc for motor testing stand and have arduino getting telemetry data and sending it to PC.
But with bad current sensor it is useless. The esc is holybro tekko 32.
Has anyone tried to get current data from blheli32 telemetry? How correct is it? On which esc model?
Apr 09, 2021, 03:57 PM
4c 6f 76 65 20 52 2f 43
See my post #4053, where you can see a video of BLHeli Telemetry View GUI where I connected Holybro Tekko32 F3 metal B via FTDI adapter to PC. Current output works, at least with that ESC, just fine.
Apr 10, 2021, 02:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp
Not really clear in the pdf I found: In PWM (PPM) mode, auto telemetry works. But I would like more frequent telemetry updates.

1. Can I use manually requested telemetry (auto telemetry off) when using PWM (PPM) to drive the ESC? Does the 30us request pulse get sent down the ESC signal line, or is it sent down the telemetry line?

I tried sending it down the ESC signal line (between PWM (PPM) signals), but then the esc does not arm.

2. If I need to use DShot to allow manually requested telemetry, does the telemetry request get sent between DShot signals down the signal line, or is it sent down the telemetry line?

Thank you!
The 30us pulse shall be sent on the signal line. But you should let the ESC arm first.
With Dshot, there is a telemetry request bit defined. It shall be set in a regular signal input Dshot frame.
Apr 10, 2021, 02:46 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipset2011
Good afternoon! Help me. I changed the stm32f051 that went bad to a new one.ESC - 32bit .Target- JHE_Aria_32_Multi_32_.hex. How do I flash the firmware? It doesn't work via st-link v2.
BLHeli_32 comes with the bootloader installed on the MCU and locked to the serial number of the MCU, and it is unfortunately not possible to change MCU.
Apr 10, 2021, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskaug
The 30us pulse shall be sent on the signal line. But you should let the ESC arm first.
With Dshot, there is a telemetry request bit defined. It shall be set in a regular signal input Dshot frame.
Thank you - this was the info I required :-)
Apr 12, 2021, 10:26 AM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto
Normal servo signal pulse is 1-2 milliseconds wide (so 1000-2000 us), but the framerate is roughly 50 Hz (or 20 ms period) and not close to 500 Hz!
1 to 2ms wide pwm cant get to 500Hz, but we been running it 5+ years ago at 490Hz, back in the SimonK days.
Apr 12, 2021, 11:13 AM
Maybe not the right place but, do someone knows any 20x20 blheli 32 able to run as low as 5v?

Inviato dal mio HTC U12+ utilizzando Tapatalk
Apr 13, 2021, 11:29 AM
Hello Everyone,

I own a IFlight Succex 80A, with BL Heli32 firmware.
Unfortunately, and it's mine fault, the red telemetry cable was connected in the middle of the female dupont connector when it was connected to the receiver that was powered by 2S lipo.
Since the microcontroller don't have any kind of protection at this pin(Output), neither a resistor or a simple Zener diode, it burned the MCU, wich works at 3.3v and had an input of aprox 8.2v.
Since the rest is good i'm asking for help here:

Buy a lower price esc with an STM32F051 with BL Heli32 and switch the micro controller from one board to the other and change the firmware...is it possible?

Or buy a new STM32F051K6U6 and load it with the AM32 firmware?

I perfectly understand that the development has costs and who develops should receive from the good work they make.

Unfortunately since there isn't any away to send the esc for repair, the trash bin is the only option..

Best Regards to all of you
Apr 13, 2021, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRacing
the trash bin is the only option..

Best Regards to all of you
It certainly wouldn't be the most expensive piece of kit ever sent there for this reason. ~$50? 3 pointer from downtown.
Apr 13, 2021, 04:36 PM

BL heli32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemxr
It certainly wouldn't be the most expensive piece of kit ever sent there for this reason. ~$50? 3 pointer from downtown.
I don't doubt your opinion/option.
But from mine point of view, I don't throw away a servo if I have a warned gear...I change it

I see the same with the ESC...throwing away a 40 dollars esc because of 2 dollars microcontroller, is not a good option for me...
I say me, and a lot of other RC hobbyists!

..But of course that's just mine .02 cents

Quick Reply