Oct 11, 2019, 04:17 AM

Linux install OpenSSL issue when trying to flash ESCs

Hi!
I have Ubuntu 19.04 installed on my computer, so I appreciate it very much that there is a Linux version available.

I have a problem when I try to access the internet (e.g. flash new firmware, check for updates). It tells me in a pop-up that it's missing the OpenSSL library or I have a wrong one installed.

Does anyone have an ideo on that? Thanks in advance!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2019, 06:57 AM
The Linux version uses openssl1.0.x, it seems Ubuntu 19.04 has only 1.1.x.
I will see what can be done here...
Oct 11, 2019, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Quite obviuosly the difference you see between BF 3.5.7 and newer has something to do with BF, and what they do when arming. But aside from that, the startup of sensorless brushless motors from standstill is a complicated process that has a lot of variation. Normally when arming the motors will spin up to a low idle rpm, and then you would apply throttle that has enough thrust for liftoff. Going from low rpm to high thrust is a reliable and repeatable process. Going from standstill to high thrust is not.
So you are adamant this is a Betaflight Issue??
Oct 13, 2019, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuras614
Hi!
I have Ubuntu 19.04 installed on my computer, so I appreciate it very much that there is a Linux version available.

I have a problem when I try to access the internet (e.g. flash new firmware, check for updates). It tells me in a pop-up that it's missing the OpenSSL library or I have a wrong one installed.

Does anyone have an ideo on that? Thanks in advance!
Please check out BLHeliSuite32xl rev 0.9.1.2, which should fix the issue.
Oct 18, 2019, 02:07 AM
RC Hobby Enthusiast
Stupid question but with the latest stable version of BLHeli_32 which is currently 32.7, can we run custom starting tones and bi-dir telemetry? Or should we forget about using starting-tones?
Oct 18, 2019, 07:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmennewstyle
Stupid question but with the latest stable version of BLHeli_32 which is currently 32.7, can we run custom starting tones and bi-dir telemetry? Or should we forget about using starting-tones?
As far as I know, it shall be possible to combine music and bidirectional dshot.
Oct 18, 2019, 09:03 AM
RC Hobby Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskaug
As far as I know, it shall be possible to combine music and bidirectional dshot.
Thanks for your answer, i will give it a shot as soon as i can reboot on Windows since the last Linux beta release of BLHeli Suite 32 is giving me some issues on my GNU/Linux Debian 10
Oct 19, 2019, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmennewstyle
Thanks for your answer, i will give it a shot as soon as i can reboot on Windows since the last Linux beta release of BLHeli Suite 32 is giving me some issues on my GNU/Linux Debian 10
Debian 10 issues fixed with BLHeliSuite32xLinux64_Beta_0913.zip.
Oct 19, 2019, 03:42 PM
How to recover a blheli32 when the computer locks in the middle of the update? Now only 3 escs are detected from a 4in1, with Arduino?
Oct 21, 2019, 12:46 AM
Thread OP
The best way is: Power up FC (connect USB cable), select the right port and click "Connect", then power up the ESCs, (wait until all beeps have stopped) and click "Check". Of course also check signal cables.
Oct 21, 2019, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskaug
The best way is: Power up FC (connect USB cable), select the right port and click "Connect", then power up the ESCs, (wait until all beeps have stopped) and click "Check". Of course also check signal cables.
That does not work, does Arduino work? Like the older blheliS?
Oct 22, 2019, 12:06 AM
Thread OP
Arduino or USB dongles do the same as the FC, and are not likely to help. Unfortunately it sounds like your ESC is dead, and you should contact your vendor.
Oct 27, 2019, 12:02 PM
Not sure if this was addressed, only the #1 esc will let me save music on?
Oct 27, 2019, 03:06 PM
I have a few more technical questions,
Regarding active freewheeling: are there reverse diodes in all ESCs in case this is disabled?

"Power limited to X%" .. this is relative, right? For example if thermal protection limits power to 25% then if the motor is heavily loaded the "limited" current through the motor could be higher than "unlimited" current through an unloaded motor?

Low RPM power protect: what is considered low RPM, low Kv, low supply voltage?

PWM frequency: what is meant by humps in throttle response as mentioned in the manual?
But more importantly, what do you think about the suggesting of using a low PWM frequency with high inductance motors?
Oct 27, 2019, 06:15 PM
Multicopter Nut
My quad (4006-380kV, 15 inch, 6S, Furling32 F3) runs butter-smooth in all scenarios bar one.
If I do a fast descent - with PWM around 1200 - and I try to stop it sharply with throttle, it wobbles a couple of times before restabilizing.
Where should I start tweaking values ?

Quick Reply