Apr 02, 2017, 08:01 PM
Help!

Guardian deflects roll full right when turned on 2D

Hey Guys. I have been flying my eagle tree guardian in my Timber for about 8 months now without any hiccups. Have had a few bad landings requiring landing gear repairs but none have affected the guardian.

I recently had a repeat nose down terrible landing (not unlike others in the past) that again jousted free my one wheel strut. That has since been repaired again.

Today i took the plane to the airfield to fly it and when i powered it up (eagle tree OFF) i noticed that i had aileron throw only to the right. going left, ailerons would not go past neutral. I checked all my cable connections and even reseated them in both the receiver and on the guardian to no avail. Could not roll ailerons to the left. So I put everything away and returned home (no flying today)

I unplugged the guardian and plugged all servo connections into the receiver and everything worked fine.

I reconnected the guardian and had the same problem as before.

When i plugged the guardian into the PC software program, the pitch and roll leveling, servo neutral reset, and gyro zero reset all seemed to work fine. The attitude indicator on the PC software program followed the planes pitch, roll, and yaw normally. Stabilizer was turned off on the plane though.

I noticed that when i selected the servo neutral reset on the PC program that the aileron servos and surface did center and as long as i left the stabilizer turned off (guardian off mode) on my transmitter, I had full normal aileron deflection.

However, once i turned on the guardian in the 2D mode, the ailerons went full right again and moving the stick full left only allowed it to center. Then when i turned the guardian OFF, the ailerons centered and would operate normally. Then occasionally after turned off and operating normally, i would notice a 2 cycle twitch in the ailerons, than it would go away.

Occasionally when the guardian was turn on and the ailerons were full right in 2D mode, they would go full left in 3D mode. When trying to operate the ailerons in either of these two modes--at times the ailerons would simply do a repetive twitch cycle over and over until i switched the guardian off. Than I would have to reset the servo neutral on the PC again to get them to work normally in the OFF mode.

Anybody see this before??
Last edited by huju; Apr 02, 2017 at 08:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts