Apr 02, 2017, 09:08 AM
All Thumbs
Question

"Single Line" Rx?

Hi Gents,

Noob question - I can't find this in Hitec's product comms anywhere: What is a "single line system" Rx and how does it benefit the 'acro' flyer? Is this just a 'heli' thing?

Thanks!

Ran
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2017, 12:30 PM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranald
Hi Gents,

Noob question - I can't find this in Hitec's product comms anywhere: What is a "single line system" Rx and how does it benefit the 'acro' flyer? Is this just a 'heli' thing?

Thanks!

Ran
Single Line refers to all of the signals for the servos being sent out in a single wire, rather than each individual signal being dedicated to their own respective ports on the receiver. For example, channels 1 through 9 are now sent down through one single signal wire. Helicopters, Multirotors, and certain power distribution boards utilize these style receivers as it is a faster method of transmitting information. On giant scale aircraft, you can purchase specific power distribution boards that can accept multiple single line inputs to give you redundancy incase one receiver is shielded from signal or loses link.
Latest blog entry: A servo mounting tech-tip
Apr 05, 2017, 03:00 PM
All Thumbs
(gasps) Xpress, NO!! Don't say that.

"Single line." In the real world, we call that "Serial bus."

: )

Thanks for the background! Didn't know that about giant scale. I guess that makes sense, especially with tiny antennae and lots of big carbon fiber and other conductive objects rolling and tossing in the air?

Cheers!
Apr 12, 2017, 10:43 AM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
We call it Single Line as S.Bus is already utilized by another manufacturer, they're the same thing
Latest blog entry: A servo mounting tech-tip