Asgard / Flip32 F4 Omnibus AIO - FC 4in1 24A ESC' PDB - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Apr 02, 2017, 05:06 AM
Registered User
Discussion

Asgard / Flip32 F4 Omnibus AIO - FC 4in1 24A ESC' PDB


I want I want I want!!!!


http://shop.myairbot.com/index.php/asgard.html

Features:

SPI Gyro MPU6000
On-Board OSD (controllered by Betaflight, FC over SPI bus)
MicroSD Blackbox
F4 Processor (F405)
5v1a SBEC
Built-in Current Sensor
4x BLHELI_S ESC(DSHOT Ready)
2x UART
Buzzer output
WS2812B LED output

One of the most important facts is missing, what's the weight on this thing? If its less than 28g (which I suspect) it will be better than the the Flytower F4 even with adding a (5g tramp) VTX, and I don't like the VTX with the FC anyways... I will like and XSR with this one hahaha, I just hate the Frsky XSRF3E FC, its terrible.
Two UARTs sounds too few... I need 3 - XSR, Telem and VTX. maybe we can use Soft serial for the VTX.... hmmm.... (just game myself an idea i'm going to implement right now!)

The Asgard can also be found at FPV 303 store:
https://www.fpv303.com/product/airbo...mnibus-f4-aio/

The Asgard is also available from RTFQ As the Flip 32 - Omnibus AIO (I try to stay away from that store though )
Last edited by sevet; Apr 12, 2017 at 02:04 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2017, 05:08 AM
Registered User
Reserved
Apr 03, 2017, 04:13 AM
Registered User
Got mine from RTFQ in two days. I'm going to put this on my test rig to see how she works. Update the esc they come with 16.43 flashed. Nice thing you don't have to have a battery plugged in to flash the esc. They can be flashed just from usb power. Also update beta flight firmware it's outdated and bored orenration is not correct on the old firmware. I'll be uploading a video tomorrow of initial thoughts.
Apr 03, 2017, 04:20 AM
Registered User
Pin layout. And requires JST SH 1.0-4 Pin Male Connectors
Apr 03, 2017, 04:36 AM
Registered User
Sam Richard's Avatar
nice piece of electronic ...
but... for what a F4? for what a 64pin? why only 2 UART's brocken out... they are 2 more on the MCU.

as i say'd nice piece of Electronics... but the lack of UARTS makes it not worth it, in my opinion.
Apr 03, 2017, 09:05 AM
Registered User
I think the idea is not to use telemetry, since you already have an OSD built in.
Apr 03, 2017, 09:43 AM
Registered User
NoGuru's Avatar
$90, better make sure nothing breaks or you are out FC, PDB, and ESC's.
Apr 03, 2017, 12:56 PM
Crash specialist
pFrancisco's Avatar
What version of Betaflight is this running? OMNIBUSF4SD ?
Apr 03, 2017, 01:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pFrancisco
What version of Betaflight is this running? OMNIBUSF4SD ?
Yes OMNIBUSF4SD
Apr 03, 2017, 01:16 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Richard
nice piece of electronic ...
but... for what a F4? for what a 64pin? why only 2 UART's brocken out... they are 2 more on the MCU.

as i say'd nice piece of Electronics... but the lack of UARTS makes it not worth it, in my opinion.
The problem is space, there is no space for more UARTs, but mostly, 2UART is OK(can't say good)
The SD card mount to SPI bus too.

The OSD incl. on the FC over SPI bus, so one UART for serial RX, another UART as spare.
With this board you can't use GPS with telemetry together. that is bad.
Apr 03, 2017, 01:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru
$90, better make sure nothing breaks or you are out FC, PDB, and ESC's.
I plan to offer repair / replace service for Asgard(Available for US/EU/HK Customer)
Apr 03, 2017, 01:32 PM
Crash specialist
pFrancisco's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by myairbot.com
With this board you can't use GPS with telemetry together. that is bad.
I wouldn't say this is bad. This AIO combo is perfect for those wanting a lightweight clean build. Maybe 1% of those would want GPS. OSD is also better than telemetry.
Apr 03, 2017, 02:30 PM
Registered User
I don't understand why people keep putting the MPU6000 on F4 flight controllers (and now even on F7!). MPU6000 can only do 8k gyro update, which F3 can keep up with just fine. Only point I see with F4 or F7 is being able to run 32k gyro.

That being said, I'm very glad this board exists. Now they just need to integrate VTX and FrSky Rx and call it a day. (Half kidding)
Apr 03, 2017, 02:32 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pFrancisco
I wouldn't say this is bad. This AIO combo is perfect for those wanting a lightweight clean build. Maybe 1% of those would want GPS. OSD is also better than telemetry.
Another UART or even some sort of pinout that you can remap (RESOURCE) to soft serial would be nice for using things like TBS Smart audio VTX setup or IRC Tramp VTX... and now you'l be able to soon set your camera OSD through betaflight as well.
Apr 03, 2017, 03:01 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevet
Another UART or even some sort of pinout that you can remap (RESOURCE) to soft serial would be nice for using things like TBS Smart audio VTX setup or IRC Tramp VTX... and now you'l be able to soon set your camera OSD through betaflight as well.
There is one IIC port on board as pads, I think it can be used as UART as well.


Thread Tools