This thread is privately moderated by Gary Chen, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 01, 2017, 09:29 PM
Thread OP
New Product

1080P 18X optical zom camera Sky Eye-18HZ

Hello Guys,
Newly launched 1080P 18X optical zom camera Sky Eye-18HZ,good for aerial inspection,surveillance,monitoring etc.
Features:
1)586grams,light weight
1)1/3 inch 4MP CMOS sensor
2)18X optical zoom,CVBS and 1080P/60 HDMI output for video downlink
3)1080P/30 H.264 video recorded for on-board TF card
4)PWM control and serial command control
5)Intelligent wiring hub design for RC receiver and video output(AV and HDMI)
6)3-aixs high stabilized gimbal system
7)Adjustable control speed: SLOW speed for large zoom range,accurate.FAST speed for small zoom range,sensitive and quick.
8)One key back to center
Video
Sky Eye-18HZ 18X 1080P Optical Zoom Camera (2 min 11 sec)
Latest blog entry: 4K EO/IR gimbal for drone
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2017, 01:12 AM
What 18-HZ means? Is is related to some kind of FPS limit as in export restrictions for thermal cameras (which can produce 7-9 frames per second)?
Apr 02, 2017, 04:01 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vavooon
What 18-HZ means? Is is related to some kind of FPS limit as in export restrictions for thermal cameras (which can produce 7-9 frames per second)?
Hi Vavooon,it means 18X HD zooming,not related to fps,sorry for the confusion.
Apr 02, 2017, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Chen
Hi Vavooon,it means 18X HD zooming,not related to fps,sorry for the confusion.
Thanks, later I realized that it seems to be some abbreviation like 18 High Zoom
BTW I'm very interested in the product.
Apr 02, 2017, 11:30 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vavooon
Thanks, later I realized that it seems to be some abbreviation like 18 High Zoom
BTW I'm very interested in the product.
Thank you!Please check this link to get more information for the camera:http://www.yangdaonline.com/sky-eye-...8-zoom-camera/
Apr 02, 2017, 12:43 PM
fast
Could you post video so the camera tracks moving objects while aircraft is moving too ?
in the las few months I've seen number of new gimbaled zoom cameras without any proof that it can be usable, normally one can see video just like yours: quad takes off then camera zooms to random direction.
I've many cameras and tracking is the hard ! Framing zoomed object w/stick very difficult! there has to be feedback from your cam to remote controller to reduce stick response while zooming.
I want to see video like this:
Mt.Arbel 3 MR FPV meet 2.2017 הר ארבל (1 min 44 sec)

Mt.Arbel II MR FPV meet 2.2017 הר ארבל (2 min 37 sec)

btw, I could review HZ18 if you want, just ship one w/prepaid shipping I promise to return the expansive piece if equipment ( I really have too many cameras)
Apr 02, 2017, 11:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit
Could you post video so the camera tracks moving objects while aircraft is moving too ?
in the las few months I've seen number of new gimbaled zoom cameras without any proof that it can be usable, normally one can see video just like yours: quad takes off then camera zooms to random direction.
I've many cameras and tracking is the hard ! Framing zoomed object w/stick very difficult! there has to be feedback from your cam to remote controller to reduce stick response while zooming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DanI8X2klFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6M4gC_tb1E

btw, I could review HZ18 if you want, just ship one w/prepaid shipping I promise to return the expansive piece if equipment ( I really have too many cameras)
Hi fmkit,
Yes you are right,tracking moving objects is a really hard part.
This video is mainly demonstrating 2 capabilities of the zoom camera:
1)Camera zoom capability
2)Gimbal stabilization
Many of our clients need zoom camera to inspect some static objects like power line,infrastructures etc.

As to moving object tracking,yes we also get many requests for that.So we are developing a tracking module for Sky Eye-18HZ,hopefully we can release it in 2-3 months.This module will solve the problem you mentioned.Anyway,the whole package will be a little pricey,not just $1,199.00
May 16, 2017, 05:19 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DanI8X2klFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6M4gC_tb1E

Auto object tracking module for Sky Eye-18HZ is released.
It is developed based on military grade tracking module,can easily capture and track moving object,makes the zoom camera an ideal tool for aerial inspection and surveillance.

Video footage
Auto Object Tracking Module Ground Test (0 min 21 sec)
Jun 07, 2017, 11:17 PM
Thread OP
Good news!
Sky Eye-18HZ and Sky Eye-30HZ zoom camera are now fully compatible with DJI Matrice 600 Series with the help of Remote Controller Channel Expansion Kit: one RC control ALL(drone+gimbal+camera)!!

Quick Reply