Apr 01, 2017, 02:22 PM
Joselox
Thread OP
Discussion

How to Build my own RC Track (check out my sketch)

Hello everyone,

I am getting my first RC Car and it will be a Team Associated RC8.2e. I finished a sketch for the track I want to build. I wanna hear your opinions. One of my concerns is rain. In fact, I think it is my only concern. I know it is a lot of work to build it so let's just not talk about that. I just want to know if someone has good tips for drainage. The natural terrain is on a slope so I could manage to make the track with a little inclination. Will that help?

Hoping to hear a lot of tips most of all for drainage purposes
to remove ads between posts
Apr 04, 2017, 09:38 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Great looking layout. Some incline will definitely help with drainage, but for the most part you will have to rely on the ability of the surface to either shed, or absorb moisture.

What is the soil like at your location? Is it sandy, or is it more clay?
Apr 04, 2017, 08:28 PM
Joselox
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
Great looking layout. Some incline will definitely help with drainage, but for the most part you will have to rely on the ability of the surface to either shed, or absorb moisture.

What is the soil like at your location? Is it sandy, or is it more clay?
Thanks for your answer.

Mostly clay. Terrain is in a mountain, but with a lake nearby. All kind of flora around so it is good quality dirt. That helps drainage, right?
Apr 05, 2017, 07:11 PM
Joselox
Thread OP
These are pictures of the actual terrain. Gotta love google earth haha

I just got my brand new Weed wacker yesterday!!! I will keep updating with new photos so you guys can see the "progress" it is gonna be hard as hell hahaha. I asked for it. This weekend I will take pictures of all the weeds before and after if I am lucky and don't die from a snake/skorpion/ant/bug/pikachu/tyranosaurus rex bite xD Wish me luck!
Apr 05, 2017, 07:53 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Looking forward to seeing your progress. Have fun!

Quick Reply