Proctor Enterprises Nieuport 11 - RC Groups
Mar 31, 2017, 09:55 PM
Build Log

Proctor Enterprises Nieuport 11

Hello everyone,

I've been waiting to start this kit for several months.... so off I go (like a roaring herd of tortoises)

I thought I'd start with some pictures of what's inside the box! The quality is excellent as expected. I'm amazed at all the detailed bits of hardware included. I'm looking forward to using 'real' turnbuckles!

Lots on nice hardwoods, some are already formed...the little notes written on wood bits are a nice touch.

The blue prints are beautiful in their own right.

I'll post the power set up at a later time... although I already have it all.

I've gotta warn you.... you may be witnessing the start of the longest build thread ever! Between work, family, and other micro models I'm building... this thing may take years

Dan
to remove ads between posts
Apr 01, 2017, 05:35 PM
humptybump
Hey Dan.....I have the same kit new ........ Outstanding kits. I recently decided to get Joe at Proctor to make me an Albatros D5a kit that I will build before the N11.

For people new to Proctor kits , the wire wheels and brass instrument pkg. for the N11 is purchased separately . Not included in the kit price. All Proctor kits are custom made to order. Takes about 10 weeks currently to make one. Proctor Enterprises is a one man operation.......Joe Topper in Oregon.
Apr 01, 2017, 06:05 PM
The Albatros is a big project beautiful plane.

Proctor's website is www.proctor-enterprises.com if anyone wants to peek...

Dan
Apr 02, 2017, 12:48 PM
Thanks for this thread. The N11 may be my next build.

I did not know that about Proctor. He does a great job.
Apr 02, 2017, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by portablevcb
Thanks for this thread. The N11 may be my next build.

I did not know that about Proctor. He does a great job.
Welcome

Dan
Apr 03, 2017, 09:40 PM

Nieuport

Here is one of Proctor Nieuports that was built in the early 70 's. My Dad built both the Antic and Nieuport kits and I have the pleasure of seeing it everyday in my Family room. You will have a great time building it. Scott
Apr 03, 2017, 10:52 PM
Wow! Thanks for sharing that Scott! How cool your family has kept it to enjoy

My two daughters are helping with this one.... the wood staining has begun. I hope we have a similar story

Dan
Apr 04, 2017, 12:01 AM

Nieuport

Here is what is on the other side of the room. A scratch built 1/4 scale Jenny that he built in 1968. Every part was hand made except the wheels and turn buckles. He was most proud of the scale prop he carved and the pilots. This was on the cover of the 2nd issue of Model Builder magazine and he won numerous scale events. I have the obligation to keep these and restore more of his scratch built gems. I am currently restoring his 1/3 scale Aeronca C -3 and a 1/3 scale Heath Parasol. He gave away many cool airplanes that I would love to see again, including a 1/3 scale Curtis Pusher and a Sikorsky flying boat. So, keep building .. He loved building way more than flying them. Scott
Apr 04, 2017, 12:46 AM
Is it suppose to do that?
Hi Dan

I in for the dor-ation (Dor Hebrew for generation )

Sean
Apr 04, 2017, 02:50 AM
The Jenny is amazing... really. I'd love the see that cover, what a builder! I have builds I've only flown once then hung up. I time travel travel each time I look at them...

And Sean.....toda raba.

Dan
Apr 04, 2017, 11:28 AM

Neuport

turns out you live close by, I would love to see yours fly when your done... Scott
Apr 14, 2017, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdivot
turns out you live close by, I would love to see yours fly when your done... Scott
Sounds like fun to me

These are the two color stains that I ordered with the kit. My staining buddy decided the ribs will all be dark and the rest will be the light oak stain. Time to build a jig and start capping.....

Dan
Last edited by 4dnospolk; May 30, 2017 at 01:10 AM.
Apr 14, 2017, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dnospolk
I've been waiting to start this kit for several months.... so off I go (like a roaring herd of tortoises)
Dan
Dan,

I see you build at the same pace as I do. This is a bucket list plane for me, so I'll be watching with interest.

Dion
Apr 14, 2017, 10:31 AM
Is it suppose to do that?
Hi Dan

How did you get Vanna White to help you? Everyone's beautiful assistant is Vanna White?

Great staining. That is going to look amazing through the covering.

Sean
Apr 14, 2017, 12:10 PM
Thanks Dion.....no hurry.... as my daughter says, "are we working on the toy airplane today?" Keeps my 'serious' building attitude in place.

Hi Sean, I plan on using antique solartex which really lets the sun show off the structure ... I can't wait to see those ribs Ms. White has full control of stain color choice.... so I'm trying to give good suggestions! We may end up looking like we belong in Manfred's flying circus!

Picture is my Albatros showing off that beautiful solartex...

Dan