Mar 31, 2017, 08:22 PM
Flying again - 4th time
Thread OP
Discussion

Help me choose: HK Walrus, Phoenix 1600 or Phoenix 2000?

I'm trying to choose between three planes: the HK Phoenix 2000 and the 1600, and the Walrus.

The attraction to the Walus is that spare parts are available and it's an old and successful model on HK and here.

The Phoenix gliders look like a lot of value for the money. I'm replacing my twitchy Super Kinetic that I aerobatically crashed into the planet one too many times.
Last edited by FOGeologist; Apr 01, 2017 at 01:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 01, 2017, 08:36 AM
Personally speaking, I'd go for one of the phoenix variants. I went from bixler to p2k after trying my mates walrus and just not finding enough to keep me interested. It wasnt bad, just a bit slow and lethargic for me. The walrus' fat foam fuse means its easy to throw around whereas the sleeker blow mold p2k gives improved penetration and a better turn of speed. Depends what u want from it really, I like sitting up high floating about with the p2k, with or without fpv.
Apr 11, 2017, 01:18 PM
I let someone chrash my Walrus this weekend. :-( Which was not the planes fault.
I have (had) both planes and the Walrus is more docile to fly for just gliding as it is ligther even with the bulky fuselage in my opinion.
You cant do anything wrong with it.(normally)
The phoenix 2000 is heavier and so better in flying in more wind.
As soon as HK has the Walrus on sale again I get me an other one just for the fun it gives.

Paco

Quick Reply