This thread is privately moderated by fastmax, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 31, 2017, 12:38 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Mini-Review

The Zombie Apocalypse Is Upon Us!

EDIT 12/1 Now back on flash sale for only $265 Click me.

A DHK Hobby Zombie 8E 8384 Apocalypse that is!

DHK has recently revised, and brought back their formidable 1/8 brushless beast. This new version is equipped with a 2.4ghz radio system, a Hobbywing WP-8BL100 2s-4s waterproof 100 amp ESC, a 2030kv motor, 9kg metal gear servo, and a 2600mah 3s lipo battery, and balance charger. The only thing you need to add to get the action started are 4 AA batteries for the remote.

This is a 1/8 scale truck, so it is HUGE! It is very well built with aluminum alloy chassis plate, alloy chassis braces, and shock towers, and aluminum, oil filled, threaded body, big bore shocks. The truck also uses a standard 3 differential layout with all metal gears. Simply put, it is built to take some serious abuse, and keep coming back for more.

Quick parking lot run on the stock 3s battery. More videos, mods, and upgrades coming soon so stay tuned!

DHK Hobby 8384 Zombie 8E RTR Brushless Monster Truck (2 min 19 sec)
Last edited by fastmax; Dec 01, 2017 at 12:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2017, 07:54 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Running video added above.
Apr 04, 2017, 07:28 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Here's something I do with all of my rigs that have an aluminum chassis. I use thick automotive vinyl, and apply it to the chassis bottom for some protection. Once the vinyl starts to get gouged up I just peel it off and apply a new piece. Keeps the chassis bottom looking like new, and in the event that any screws ever come loose, they don't fall out and get lost.

Apr 05, 2017, 01:23 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Got the JConcepts Punisher Truggy body trimmed, and mounted on the Zombie 8E. Time to get it washed, masked, and get started with the paint.

Last edited by fastmax; Apr 05, 2017 at 05:33 PM.
Apr 05, 2017, 05:14 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Went with a simple single color paint scheme. The decals I am waiting on will break it up, and add some character.

Apr 08, 2017, 08:32 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Got some of my stickers done yesterday. Still have a few left to apply, but not sure yet where I want to put them.

Jun 08, 2017, 11:29 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Currently back on flash sale for only $279 see link above.

Quick Reply