SE 5 Swap Pod Series - Page 5 - RC Groups
May 11, 2017, 03:13 PM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
My Mobius is still stuffed. I went out yesterday and flew my primjet to warm up the fingers and after a great flight on 4s, with an awesome landing, I noticed that the camera was off........ So I didn't risk flying and crashing the other biplanes till I can record it.
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2017, 06:12 PM
That's a shame Duke. Still it's best to have proof of flight, especially round here

I was meant to be making my wings, but got distracted and did some taping instead. I want to do the wings green like a model I found on google but I'll be buggered if I can find my green tape! It's probably gone to the same place all my small allen keys disappear to.
May 11, 2017, 06:24 PM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Looking really good Adam, I have a roll of green you can have mate

Pity about the bipe maiden Duke, I hope you can get the Mobius working so we can see her flying

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; May 11, 2017 at 08:18 PM.
May 11, 2017, 09:03 PM
When cows fly!
Speaking of maidens! Finally got the Storch into the air I did include the two failed attempts so that you can laugh. Sorry about the language, but my bleep software wasn't working too well

Storch Version 3 (8 min 54 sec)
May 11, 2017, 11:30 PM
Yay! Well done David. Good to see the ranch
May 12, 2017, 05:12 AM
Looks great David, it's got a bit of 'oomph' to it hasn't it? Beautiful day as well. Was that Robin the horse in the background on the second attempt?

Sadly I haven't been able to enjoy your obscene language as I had to watch it at work with the sound down. I'll watch again when I get in tonight for the proper uncut-cinematic experience.
May 12, 2017, 05:37 AM
Nice flying David, shame about the landing mate .. I keep telling you .. FORGET THE FLAPS .. they really are more trouble than they are worth

Lockey
May 12, 2017, 08:25 AM
When cows fly!
Thanks guys! Feels good to finally get a plane in the air! Much better than those darn rotory flappy things Yes Adam, that was Robin(the Half Smart Quarter Horse)! She was thinking that since it was evening that I should have been giving her dinner Sorry Lockey, but I sure do love messing with flaps and stuff like that Of course the Storch is now all repaired and ready to go for this evening, as long as the wind isnot blowing like a gale Gonna have to start on a new Mini Magic, since I have all the parts and the plans are printed out and ready to go!
May 13, 2017, 05:20 PM
I've finished it!

Couldn't find the green tape and couldn't make it to Lockey's to borrow some

So imagine some of the red is green and vice versa

Hope to fly it tomorrow, if the wind dies down a bit. I might just fly it anyway, what's the worst that could happen?

I will probably straighten the landing gear out first, probably...
May 13, 2017, 05:49 PM
When cows fly!
Looking good Adam! Can't wait for the maiden
May 13, 2017, 06:08 PM
She looks great Adam. Good luck with the maiden.

Heres what I did with the landing gear. I was lucky enough to find some wire struts that were to fit into floats. Not used and in the parts box.
If you would like to see some pics of the L/g on the plane I can past some pictures tonight when I get home from work.
Last edited by Dukejet; May 13, 2017 at 06:25 PM.
May 13, 2017, 06:14 PM
Thanks chaps!

David, I just watched the video back with sound I'd say you were remarkably restrained. I love those big wheels you have on the Storch. I'd love to build a STOL model (maybe with flaps shhhhh ). Something like this: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...aft-Highlander but foamified.

Edit: Duke I'd love to see some more pics. Any and all help is most welcome
Last edited by scorchythebear; May 13, 2017 at 06:44 PM.
May 13, 2017, 06:42 PM
Hmmmm That looks very good for a plane I have planed ( bush plane style ) I savaged some big wheels off a cheap R/c car. I plan to hot wire cut the wing......... One day.... Lol.
May 13, 2017, 06:57 PM
Scott Swanson did a balsa version, with plans here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ander-54%C2%94

I really like the bush planes, plus with enough give on the landing gear and some big wheels it might be able to handle my sudden landings
Last edited by scorchythebear; May 13, 2017 at 07:02 PM.
May 13, 2017, 08:17 PM
Looks fantastic Adam, look forward to seeing both your maiden guys .. just be careful on the throttle Adam she is a pussy cat at low throttle but a maniac on high

Maybe I will have to do a foamy Storch eh

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; May 13, 2017 at 08:27 PM.