SE 5 Swap Pod Series - Page 3 - RC Groups
Apr 20, 2017, 03:40 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
As I did an exploded view of the Stagger Wing, I thought maybe I should also do one for the SE-5

Lockey
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2017, 08:24 AM
When cows fly!
Love the Stagger Wing!
Apr 21, 2017, 07:29 PM
I do like the exploded views. Very useful.

Once I've finished the Taube I must get back to this one.

I have been wondering if this would translate well into a bigger model? Mind you I have been wondering all kinds of things. The Mini-Magic biplane for instance...
Apr 21, 2017, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorchythebear
I do like the exploded views. Very useful.

Once I've finished the Taube I must get back to this one.

I have been wondering if this would translate well into a bigger model? Mind you I have been wondering all kinds of things. The Mini-Magic biplane for instance...
Yes I've wondered that myself Adam ... the SE-5 that is ... maybe something about 1m wing span ... but with a real / normal setup and not a swap-pod

Lockey
May 05, 2017, 08:40 AM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
So Lockey , What will be the percentage be for a 900mm to 1000mm wing span? Say 120%??
May 05, 2017, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
So Lockey , What will be the percentage be for a 900mm to 1000mm wing span? Say 120%??
135% would be 910mm

Lockey
May 05, 2017, 12:09 PM
Cool mate .....I'll give that a go
May 05, 2017, 05:55 PM
Lol... I lied... I printed it out at 120% and the WS is 810mm just perfect!! I wanted to have something to fly with my sons HK Pitts
May 05, 2017, 06:21 PM
That seems like a nice size

Are you going to go with a traditional set up or do a swap pod version?

I started building the small one but got distracted 'cos Lockey kept designing more planes. I'll get back to it as soon as I've parked the T28 in a tree

Looking forward to seeing more
May 05, 2017, 06:53 PM
No pod, Scorchy. I've got a couple of motors to choose from so I'll have to see what weight/power/prop it needs and go from there.
The Pitts has a 1300kv 3010L an a 9x6 prop. It has heaps of power
May 05, 2017, 10:13 PM
When cows fly!
May 06, 2017, 04:35 AM
Just some info on size -- @ 120% scale the wing span is 810mm. I put a 700mm x 1000mm sheet of depron under the plan and have estimated it will take 3 sheets to complete this model.

David...... Man you gotta lay off that popcorn! it'll make you sick!
May 06, 2017, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
Just some info on size -- @ 120% scale the wing span is 810mm. I put a 700mm x 1000mm sheet of depron under the plan and have estimated it will take 3 sheets to complete this model.

David...... Man you gotta lay off that popcorn! it'll make you sick!
Hey Duke, HK foam, it's a quarter of the price .. look forward to seeing the pics of your build mate

Lockey
May 06, 2017, 06:51 AM
I've had enough failures using the HK foam. It's too soft for my liking mate. You have to do too much work adding strength i.e.- cf, tape etc.
I have to get off my ass and finish cleaning my shed, getting my hot wire gear set-up, finish off painting some models, repairing other ones...... sound like David hugh??!!
Doing my last N\shift now so I can't wait to get cutting......
May 06, 2017, 07:12 AM
When cows fly!
[
I have to get off my ass and finish cleaning my shed, getting my hot wire gear set-up, finish off painting some models, repairing other ones...... sound like David hugh??!!

HEY!!!! I resemble that remark!!!