Feb 04, 2019, 02:33 PM
RC cars are only as interesting as the course you run them on....I'm carving an RC truck crawling course in the yard.

I have a street Traxxas 4tec VXL that I hardly run as it needs a super smooth street...and all I have is a narrow 2 lane road. I hate having to drive somewhere to run trucks. There's no good plaace around here anyway..it's all farms and 2 lane roads.

Racing a buddy also helps a lot!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2019, 12:44 PM
maybe that was it, I had no track and no buddies to run against. Just a front yard and a side street you could zip up and down a couple of times. Running in the backyard would drive my dog crazy, which then drove the wife crazy, with the result of not running the car in the backyard anymore

On the other hand, the backyard is perfect for a tank. lots of terrain to climb over and "sneak around" in. And with the airsoft, might just be able to keep that pesky dog away
Feb 05, 2019, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
maybe that was it, I had no track and no buddies to run against. Just a front yard and a side street you could zip up and down a couple of times. Running in the backyard would drive my dog crazy, which then drove the wife crazy, with the result of not running the car in the backyard anymore

On the other hand, the backyard is perfect for a tank. lots of terrain to climb over and "sneak around" in. And with the airsoft, might just be able to keep that pesky dog away
You might like crawlers...I have the Gen7 and just got the Gen8 from Redcat Racing...Gen 7 Sport only $200...the Pro is $279. They are designed to run slowly and over obstacles...

The real good Crawlers are the Traxxas TRX4...either Land Rover Defender, Bronco, or Sport truck.

Here's my Gen7 on snow and trails I cut in my back yard...
Last edited by Hugo Flynow; May 07, 2019 at 07:08 AM.
Feb 05, 2019, 09:24 PM
new Biplaner to be 04 2013
Hi guys,
here is my contribution to the tank vs cars talk:

A PP special!

Paolo Panzerotti a day at the Race (5 min 30 sec)

Your conversations have inspired me to do some long overdue video editing.

CCC
Feb 05, 2019, 09:28 PM
What is ironic, is it was a crawler that took me down this whole path. This one here was listed on the classifieds and popped up on the side bar. Out of curiosity, I looked at it, and well, here I am now with a tank on its way to my house
Feb 05, 2019, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
What is ironic, is it was a crawler that took me down this whole path. This one here was listed on the classifieds and popped up on the side bar. Out of curiosity, I looked at it, and well, here I am now with a tank on its way to my house
You are better off with the tank....

The BG truck has cheap guts...I know someone who got one and put his own electronics in...that made it OK.

A real quality crawling truck is really cool to challenge what it can go over. But tanks can shoot!
Jun 12, 2021, 07:55 AM
Another flyer gone tank! I have two HL tanks coming. Sherman and a Tiger. Both 6.0 Tiger has metal upgrades, Sherman only transmission. Kelly's Heroes and Fury had a lot to do with it!
Jun 12, 2021, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Bateman
Another flyer gone tank! I have two HL tanks coming. Sherman and a Tiger. Both 6.0 Tiger has metal upgrades, Sherman only transmission. Kelly's Heroes and Fury had a lot to do with it!
Cool! Get quality seamless airsoft BB's...they shoot better.

Also will be curious if your Sherman shoots farther than the Tiger like mine do. The Sherman shoots 70 yards! At least mine does.
Jun 12, 2021, 09:07 AM
Work hard, play hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
You are better off with the tank....

The BG truck has cheap guts...I know someone who got one and put his own electronics in...that made it OK.

A real quality crawling truck is really cool to challenge what it can go over. But tanks can shoot!
When I first got my Tiger, I was chasing my wife around the house with it. She finally got tired of running, and stopped, to stare it down. I stopped the tank, backed up a bit, and started raising the cannon. She started running again.

What do they say, the only difference between a man and a boy, is the price of his toys. I tell my wife that I’ll continue to act my shoe size until the day that she buries me. :-)
Jun 13, 2021, 06:30 AM
Just received mine. Nice looking tank, but a few issues. Loose idler sprocket on one side. The battery hatch is a pita and the airsoft unit stopped working after about ten shots. Currently looking for trouble shooting guide on the shooting mechanism. The tracks must be taken off to remove the top deck. Stay tuned.
Last edited by Doug Bateman; Jun 15, 2021 at 09:56 AM.
Jun 15, 2021, 10:13 AM
I was able to fix the cannon. It was a jammed pellet. It was smashed into a square shape. It shoots now, but not as far for some reason. My version had the Hop Up version of airsoft for more power. I found you do not have to remove the treads to get at the insides. Just 6 screws in bottom. The barrel recoil action is a bit of a joke. It happens before firing not after as it should.
But i'm still managing to have some fun with the tank. My Bang-Good (HL) Sherman should be here in 3-4 weeks. I'm going to call Callie and see if they can do some decent graphics for the tanks. HL dry transfers are a bit of a joke. Mine are all peeling off already. The customer service leaves a bit to be desired. If i buy a third tank it will be a diff. manufacturer.
Ok for now....... "Best job i ever had"

Quick Reply