This thread is privately moderated by Slider2732, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 30, 2017, 10:53 PM
Storm Runner guy
Thread OP
Discussion

Defiant - the Gravity/Cox Spitfire NIB build

Defiant, because this bird didn't seem to want to fly at first.
CG seemed fine, power seemed fine. In the end it was found to be the motor thrust angle.
I'd followed the instructions to the letter on this old skool Gravity Hobby Spitfire and that had included seating the 180 sized brushed motor in the small ridges up front. As it turned out, somehow the angle was wrong....no idea how to this day !

Anyway, once the nose was fixed up again after doinking it on the maiden, she remaidened and now I learned something cool. This Spitfire needed far less elevator than I had thought it would. Completely flat was worked out during the video below, near the end lol. However, even at 2:00 in the video she flew hands off, as evidenced by me holding the TX up to the camera.

A good straightforward build other than that alignment error, with good if not brilliant moldings.
The amount of dihedral is something to work on, especially if I do end up putting ailerons on..
For now though, it's another good flying Spitfire, have never known one to fly badly.

Brushed 180 motor - supplied in the box
10A ESC
AR6100 RX
2x 3g servo's
350mA 2S - mounted via a bottom cut out modification
AUW 4.0 oz
T/R/E controls

Spitfire "Defiant" remaiden (4 min 5 sec)
Last edited by Slider2732; Mar 30, 2017 at 11:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply