Jun 29, 2017, 12:42 PM
Come out swinging
Looking forward to this project output. Let me know if you need me to do any testing.

Sean
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2017, 09:49 PM
Thread OP
You bet, Sean, I'll let you know when we are getting close to ready.
Jul 06, 2017, 08:00 PM
Honorable Deplorable
Now that I have one of the cases for the mini, this is interesting.

Being as this is going to have a smaller fuse than the mini do you have a specific servo in mind? Really interested in a 1.5 as you already know. So wondering between the vibe 2, this, or something else.
Jul 06, 2017, 08:15 PM
Thread OP
We're still a couple months out for the BAMF, want to nail down the 2P structure first before proceeding to 3D and mold design. We've tested a few 2P structures so far and have chosen one to be put into a Vibe for testing, I should actually get it very soon. So, Vibe 2 will also be coming out with a 2P version as well.
The BAMF fuse will be designed around the X08 servo from KST. Between the V3 and V5 you get a more budget friendly version (V3) and an incredible performance version (V5) to suit your hobby allowances. It's more than likely that you can use some other more budget friendly servo for the tails (we will have a couple suggestions then).

At the moment, we are leaning towards a nosecone with a non-molded-in servo tray, everything is still screwed on but because of how a molded-in servo tray needs to be designed and built, a non-molded-in tray will help make the space a bit more compact, as well as more tolerant of different servo options. It will still be dead easy to install.
Jul 06, 2017, 08:30 PM
Love the nose cone idea. Not a huge fan of a side hatch with tape. I know some folks use a heat shrink ring or similar to retain the hatch, but I'm still not a fan. Much prefer a nose cone.

So am I reading this right, that a 2P wing for the Vibe 1/2 will be available? Could be an interesting hybrid.
Jul 06, 2017, 08:33 PM
Thread OP
My bad, it is just for the Vibe 2 (non TD version), the current system we are testing would interfere with the TD servo pockets as that's in the thickest and best place for the joiner. I'll post some pics in the Vibe 2 thread as soon as I get the model from the factory.
Aug 27, 2017, 10:25 PM
Thread OP

Some progress

While it's been quiet here, it definitely hasn't been quiet in the backstage.
Here is the final 'camouflage' graphics that the first ones will be shipping with, and later we might have a more traditional 'option' with some simple lines/etc for those who prefer a more conservative design

First tail parts should come out of the mold this week, and I'm hopeful that the first wings and fuselages will be out within the next 10-14 days. The BAMF is 100% European made with a new production partner. Models will be shipping out to team pilots in September, and our first batch should be ready before the end of October.

The first batch will be mainly 1-piece models, and we will have one or two 2-piece models in the batch for us to do testing on. I expect the 2-piece option to be available in the 2nd batch.

I'll post some photos once we get some parts out of the molds

Price will be $5900 HKD (~$754 USD), a bit higher than I initially planned but with this new production partner, the sharp increase in quality will be well worth the little extra money
Last edited by ThomasLee; Aug 27, 2017 at 10:39 PM.
Aug 28, 2017, 05:59 AM
Love that color scheme. Nice work Thomas.
Aug 28, 2017, 08:09 AM
Great graphics!
Aug 28, 2017, 03:30 PM
Looks fantastic Thomas,
I will be looking forward to the two piece wing version when it is released.
Most likely will not buy the one piece, but will order the two piece when available.
Love your work!
Regards,
Paul.
Aug 28, 2017, 04:20 PM
Yes, 2p wings FTW. I figure I'll get a 1.5m DLG next year and am hoping by then the upcoming crop of 2p wing planes will be sorted out -- BAMF, Vortex 3, Revolution, Snipe (I guess that last one's already available)

Thomas -- bonus if you can fit BAMF in the mini case
Aug 28, 2017, 08:29 PM
Honorable Deplorable
The snipe two piece is nice, though also want a bamf as well. I just couldn't wait for the bamf to come out. The two piece wing makes things so much easier
Last edited by woogie_man; Aug 28, 2017 at 09:59 PM.
Aug 28, 2017, 08:31 PM
Thread OP
2-piece will be available to the public about 1 month after initial release, just need to properly put it through its paces before I feel safe releasing it. It will fit in the current GO Mini boxes
Aug 31, 2017, 05:57 PM
Thomas,

Is the 2 pieces wing design only for right hand throw?
Last edited by jcaguilar; Aug 31, 2017 at 06:06 PM.
Aug 31, 2017, 09:00 PM
Thread OP
There will be a left-handed and a right-handed version of the 2p wings / models.

Quick Reply