Dec 27, 2019, 07:27 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjensen
Uggg. I finished the balancing and bench testing of the new air frame last night. I had to add 30g of nose weight to get her CG'd at 65mm. She sits at 254g. She is pre-ballasted.
I had to put my servo tray kind of far back to accommodate a Futaba RX,and I went with 19 strand pull wire so I took a small weight penalty,but my light is balanced at 65.5-66mm 221g with 11g of nose weight.
I swapped out the elevator screws for nylon and trimmed down the control horns to shave some tail weight.
Itís a nice weight now and does everything well! I was shocked at how it performed in massive lift with aggressive blowout! Rock solid at speed! And incredible launch.
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Dec 27, 2019 at 07:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2019, 09:03 PM
Thread OP
Please remember every gram in the tail is several grams in the nose. 3g extra in fully painted tails plus a couple grams likely in the painted fuse = extra 20g nose weight…
Dec 27, 2019, 10:59 PM
plays with toy planes
I'd forgotten that was that supercool painted fuse and tails. That makes sense. I'm sure you'll still kick my butt with it this season David!
Dec 28, 2019, 12:55 PM
Will fly for food
She be done and RTF. Can’t wait for a blustery day. I am also rebuilding my first BAMF. It was an extremely good flyer and I can only assume it came from the wing. Hey Thomas can I buy just a parts bag for the BAMF?
Last edited by davidjensen; Dec 28, 2019 at 01:07 PM.
Dec 28, 2019, 02:29 PM
Gorgeous!
Jan 06, 2020, 10:02 PM
gotta love a good launch pic or 2 love my BAMFs !
Jan 06, 2020, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrbaby
Good flying the other day Wynn!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Jan 10, 2020, 04:05 PM
Thread OP
Hi guys, we have recently updated (lowered!!) the pricing on the BAMF kits
Please go on our site to see all the available options and new pricing!
www.armsoar.com
Jan 13, 2020, 08:19 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrbaby
Nice picks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee
Hi guys, we have recently updated (lowered!!) the pricing on the BAMF kits
Please go on our site to see all the available options and new pricing!
www.armsoar.com

Sweet! These are the best deal in DLG! Got out with mine yesterday in Violent after storm lift. My light at 222g was able to break out in tough conditions and then handle ridiculous speeds in massive blowout while at the same CG! When the air went dead a hour before sunset I busted out the deviant and monopolized on the cool dead air. Perfect combo.
Jan 13, 2020, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjensen
Uggg. I finished the balancing and bench testing of the new air frame last night. I had to add 30g of nose weight to get her CG'd at 65mm. She sits at 254g. She is pre-ballasted.
David,

You wonít win any dead air rounds but, I have a strong at the same weight and itís fun fast.

Mario
Jan 16, 2020, 02:28 AM
Thread OP
Hi guys, just FYI ArmSoar's CHINA warehouse (www.armsoar.com) is closed for Chinese New Years from Jan 22 - Feb 1. If you need something from there please place latest Friday to get it shipped out before holidays.

This doesn't affect any orders made on www.armsoarusa.com and any models to be made and shipped directly from the factory.
Jan 27, 2020, 11:43 AM
Thread OP
In case you haven’t seen, everything on www.armsoar.com will have an automatic 10% discount applied at checkout until February 1st due to the Chinese New Year holidays (and because we won’t be able to ship until after Feb 1).

Get your BAMF, servos, and other goodies now!
Feb 14, 2020, 11:54 PM

BAMF - ArmSoar Composite Gliders

Hi guys, I donít know if this has been addressed before or not, I donít have time to read 2500+ posts of what is sure to be an excellent glider.
Long story short, got my BAMF today, 56 days after ordering due to some inventory issue. The general manager hooked me up with a generous gift card for the shop though so itís all good.
The problem is this.. I ordered the RH launch bamf, and noticed some serious quality/design differences between my Bamf and a local pilotís.

My rudder doesnít fit square with the fuse ( a 5-7į bias to one side of the seam on the leading edge), the wing doesnít bolt down flat to the fuse because the rear hole wasnít drilled straight, causing a 2mm+ gap between the wing and fuse and when I *carefully* tightened down the crooked wing, the right wing has about a 5-10į steeper slant/ dihedral than the left wing. When looking straight down the fuse you can easily see the angular difference between the two wing tips using the elevator as a point of reference.

Analytically, I *could* see how a right hand launch model might possibly benefit on launch and left-hand thermaling with a high right wing and left biased rudder, assuming I mounted it that direction) however Iíve never seen a DLG that comes ďpre trimmedĒ or biased for left or right hand launch. I would assume the model would be perfectly symmetrical aside from which wing has the hard point in the wing tip for installing the peg.

Has anyone else encountered this? Am I right in thinking there is an issue with this kit? Also my friendís Armsoar DLG- which is a couple years old- has the larger checkered style weave on his heavy layup and mine is uni-directional on the wing and fuse. Has anything changed in their heavy layup weaves since the model came out? Iím a fairly strong guy with an athletic background and Iím worried Iíll break a light weave or standard weave on launch. This is my first BAMF and first new-to-me DLG, so Iím a little lost here. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Last edited by sherer46; Feb 15, 2020 at 12:05 AM.
Feb 15, 2020, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer46
Hi guys, I don’t know if this has been addressed before or not, I don’t have time to read 2500+ posts of what is sure to be an excellent glider.
Long story short, got my BAMF today, 56 days after ordering due to some inventory issue. The general manager hooked me up with a generous gift card for the shop though so it’s all good.
The problem is this.. I ordered the RH launch bamf, and noticed some serious differences between my Bamf and a local pilot’s.

My rudder doesn’t fit square with the fuse, the wing doesn’t bolt down flat to the fuse because the rear hole wasn’t drilled straight, and the right wing has about a 5-10į higher slant/ dihedral than the left wing. Analytically I could see how that could benefit a right hand launch model and left hand thermaling, however I’ve never seen a DLG that comes “pre trimmed” or biased for left or right hand launch. I would assume the model would be perfectly symmetrical aside from which wing has the hard point in the wing tip for installing the peg. Has anyone else encountered this? Am I right in thinking there is an issue with this kit? Also my friend’s BAMF, which is a couple years old, has the checkered style weave on his heavy layup and mine is uni-directional on the wing and fuse. Has anything changed in their heavy layup weaves since the model came out? I’m a fairly strong guy with an athletic background and I’m worried I’ll break a light weave or standard weave on launch. This is my first BAMF and first new-to-me DLG, so I’m a little lost here. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Couple of things. You won't break the wing. Can almost guarantee it. I can launch my light layup with ballast to over 75m with no issue. My strong and standard layup can handle way more and take my launches. (I'm a power launcher) . There have been some issues with wing alignment out of one set of moulds. Talk to Thomas and he will help you out. The fin is not deigned to simply plug on and be square. It has wiggle room so you can adjust it to be square to the Main wing. The horizontal stab will be slightly off as well but that is typically on most dlgs. So when building fit main wing. Align stab with wing then set fin to be square with stab. Unsure about the difference in wings dihedral. What are you referencing it against?
Last edited by gtrbaby; Feb 15, 2020 at 12:28 AM.
Feb 15, 2020, 10:27 AM
Wayne Wimbish
Are you saying that the wing is warped? It should be perfectly straight when one wing is compared to the other with no twist in either wing.
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal

Quick Reply