Nov 21, 2018, 04:22 PM
plays with toy planes
This is flyinghedgehog’s improvement on the cable guide approach, allowing for easy servo swaps if needed.
Last edited by barry d; Nov 28, 2018 at 12:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2018, 04:32 PM
Hey, that's cool too.
Nov 21, 2018, 04:43 PM
rrg
rrg
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor27
Maybe a guide for the beadalon to keep it away from the aileron servo?
I agree....
Nov 22, 2018, 06:52 AM
My BAMF is 226 grams with a standard wing.
Carbon rod is used for elevator and rudder control.
Nov 22, 2018, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaralonius
Yeah probably my fault, just happy i get to keep flying the bamf once i install a new pull cable.

Cant get enough of this plane! Awesome and so much fun. Building a baby bamf 2ch to go along with it! 1m span 85g balsa build-up
How do you mount the balsa wing to whatever you're using as a boom? I made a very similar wing but that's where I came to a screeching halt.
Nov 22, 2018, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_crash
How do you mount the balsa wing to whatever you're using as a boom? I made a very similar wing but that's where I came to a screeching halt.
I glued it to the boom. Sorry Joe I tried messaging but rcg is being weird right now.
Nov 23, 2018, 02:45 PM
Adam
I have been using 7 strand (0.012 inch, 0.3 mm) on my DLGs for a few years and it has a silver look to the wire and has a clear coating around it that keeps the strands together. The pics seem to show a copper looking wire. I don’t use pulleys but I haven’t ever had any kind of wear. I use the smallest beadalon crimps (2 of them) like someone else mentioned.
Nov 27, 2018, 11:44 PM
Dusting off my building tools, will have 5 brand spanking new models to work on soon... as long as shipping plays nice! Not sure how much delay there will be due to Canada Post's ongoing strike

Haven't built anything new since March. 3 of these will be for me to fly, 1 is for Mr. Conrad, and 1 will be available for sale at a local comp next spring after I get it built.
Nov 28, 2018, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee
Dusting off my building tools, will have 5 brand spanking new models to work on soon... as long as shipping plays nice! Not sure how much delay there will be due to Canada Post's ongoing strike

Haven't built anything new since March. 3 of these will be for me to fly, 1 is for Mr. Conrad, and 1 will be available for sale at a local comp next spring after I get it built.
I can't imagine it takes you more than about 20 minutes to build one of these by now.
Nov 29, 2018, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drksky
I can't imagine it takes you more than about 20 minutes to build one of these by now.
Takes a bit more time if you want your throwing blade painted.
Dec 03, 2018, 05:03 AM
hello guys
I have make new servo tray for MKS servos install

JÚrem
Dec 03, 2018, 02:04 PM
My super strong BAMF are finish !!
Ready for first flight 238 gr
Dec 03, 2018, 05:58 PM
That color is AWESOME!

Damn, wish that were the standard scheme.
Dec 03, 2018, 06:38 PM
plays with toy planes
Gorgeous build Jeremy! I would love some additional detail about your pushrod installation, as well as the routing of your pull strings.

Your servo trays look great, and are precisely what I'm looking for...are they on your site yet?
Dec 03, 2018, 07:37 PM
Wow that is world class!

Quick Reply