T-REX 700XT Dominator Super Combo

Align is aiming to upgrade their flagship helicopters from the T-rex line with new electronics and frame designs that decrease the overall weight.

Splash

Align is keeping the pace going with the latest release of the T-REX 700XT.

Align has another big release for the popular T-REX line of helicopters. I have already posted the 500XT in a previous news article, and you can get a decent idea of what's coming the 700XT from that. It's great to see Align following suit with all their larger helicopters.

The T-REX 700XT is the next release from Align with some great upgrades. One of those upgrades is the 400g decrease in weight with help from a lighter canopy, a new narrow body design, and the advanced 700EFL Rotor Head. Align has also changed a few other parts and electronics like the new Platinum HV 160 V4 Hobby Wing ESC and the Microbeast Plus for the flybarless system.

Align has also included the DS820M/DS825M High Voltage Brushless Servos for the cyclic and tail, and 850MX 490KV Dominator motor for an all out high end package that will serve the top pilots in the world, but also for the people that want a high end machine without having to pick and choose the electronics for your new frame.

For more information on the 700XT click here.

Features:

• Advanced 700EFL rotor head
  • Narrow body design / Split-type main frame
  • 400g lighter than the previous model
  • Progressive landing skid with 5 degree tilt
  • DS820M/DS825M High voltage brushless servos
  • Platinum HV 160A V4 brushless ESC
  • Strengthened advanced CNC gear
  • Advanced lightweight canopy

Last edited by ndfly700; Mar 30, 2017 at 06:32 PM..
Mar 31, 2017, 11:10 AM
*Shad-dap* and take my money

OH wait, i'm still learning to fly my 450L, maybe next time
Mar 31, 2017, 12:20 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
So the difference is this kit has the 160A version of the Hobbywing V4 ESC rather than the Align branded 130A version.. That's a nice upgrade though the 130A is perfectly adequate.

I wonder what it will add to the cost, the Hobbywing 160 V4 is pretty expensive. Also it will be a very tight fit, the 130A is already a tight squeeze if you have the fan fitted and the 160A version is a lot bigger.
Mar 31, 2017, 05:50 PM
Mall copter crew
cue: owb failures
Apr 01, 2017, 03:57 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
FP.. It's only a different ESC.. The motor is the same so it wont make the heli any more powerful or put any more strain on the drivetrain.
Apr 01, 2017, 06:59 PM
Corning, California
FP having owb nightmares atm
Apr 01, 2017, 07:28 PM
Mall copter crew
JPF, if the motor can pull more juice out of that orange, then what can happen?
Edge, dear sir, she's okay now

....for now
Apr 01, 2017, 08:11 PM
Corning, California

....for now[/QUOTE]

Apr 03, 2017, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher

....for now
I doubt it could. The 850MX is a monster but perfectly powered by the 130A.
The headspeed stays constant. I doubt it would consume a single Ampere more when using a 160A or even 200A ESC.
Apr 03, 2017, 01:43 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher
That's not how it works FP. The ESC rating wont limit how much juice the motor will pull. The motor pulls what it want's, if its too much for the ESC then the either ESC fries or shuts down. As no one is frying or shutting down the 130A then obviously it's not limiting what current the motor is pulling.

If fitting a small ESC protected the OWB then you would have no OWB problems would you
Apr 03, 2017, 06:29 AM
Mall copter crew
Ah
Right. Good point.
Apr 03, 2017, 07:28 AM
The most likely advantage would be that you'd probably need no fan for the 160A variation.
That being said my 130A comes down cold. I do use the fan though. Some don't but I think they put it on there for a reason.
While being a tight fit, it does fit so why not use it.