Mar 30, 2017, 05:05 AM
Thread OP
Alert

DJI iOSD Mini Firmware upgrade problems in iOSD Assistant V4.01

To all that have the DJI iOSD Mini, there is a HUGE problem when using iOSD Assistant V4.01 and firmware upgrade.

When plugging an iOSD Mini into V4.01, the Assistant will state the firmware is upgradable to V4.00 (or V4.01, I don't recall). DO NOT DO IT. The Assistant ID's the Mini as a MKII and the firmware V4 is for MKII ONLY. It will load the MKII firmware and now it will give a "Firmware mismatch" warning. This bricks the iOSD Mini. iOSD Mini latest firmware is V1.06.

DJI site does not indicate this problem exists because they would need to admit they screwed up. They give no downgrade path and you must contact them via e-mail and they will send a one-shot program to fix it.

I found a work around to downgrade back to V1.06

1. Load the older iOSD Assistant 4.0 (luckily I still had the installer file)
2. Start Assistant V4.0 program
3. Connect the iOSD Mini
4. Software will ask if you want to "upgrade" to V1.06. Hit yes to "upgrade" firmware
5. When "upgrade" is done, Re-boot the iOSD Mini
6. All is good now with firmware 1.06 installed

Hope this helps..

Mods: How can this be made a "sticky" or be more widely published for users of DJI iOSD Mini?
Last edited by o4fxdwgi; Mar 30, 2017 at 05:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2017, 01:15 AM

DJI mini iOSD Firmware update problem

Yes, a big no no from DJI......just installed the mini iOSD and first thing..... comes a window asking you to download the latest Firmware....it also says what it improves on the A3 and N3 controllers.....BUT IT DOES NOT SAY THAT THE NEW FIRMAWARE WILL ONLY WORK ON THE A3 AND N3 CONTROLLERS!!!!... and will render all others controllers useless.

Be careful, I also found a youtube video about a guy blaming the firmware "mis-match" from iOSD status the cause of his drone NAZA M V2 controller went berserk and crashing the drone.

Now, the SOLUTION for that is to roll back the Firmware, there is no explanation no where in how to do that, you will need email DJI and wait few days to get a reply...so save some time and try this:

Hook up powered drone iOSD to PC, open iOSD Assistant Software, click on "i" Info tab

Click at the Firmware, that will open a window "Firmware Upgrade"....you will see in green bellow right "Download successfully!" and in Blue "Refresh".........

DON'T CLICK on anything, instead type "door" on your keyboard

That will open another window asking for username and password, type "104" for username and "104" for password

That will open another Firmware Upgrade window that will allow you to roll back to the Version 1.04 that works with all controllers.

Funny thing is that at end of the email they suggest to not broadcast the info, really? they should put the fix at their web site! Guess having the bugs is good to keep the Support personal employed !! shame, why just don't put in red letters - THIS UPGRADE IS ONLY FOR A3 and N3 controllers???

Hope that helps someone......it took me days searching the Net with no real solution.
Oct 20, 2017, 01:09 AM
thank you

here you found the 4.0 and yes you can after this update to 1.06 !

Shame on dji make me lost so much time and bought 3 usless miniosd...
Nov 17, 2017, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinTN
Yes, a big no no from DJI......just installed the mini iOSD and first thing..... comes a window asking you to download the latest Firmware....it also says what it improves on the A3 and N3 controllers.....BUT IT DOES NOT SAY THAT THE NEW FIRMAWARE WILL ONLY WORK ON THE A3 AND N3 CONTROLLERS!!!!... and will render all others controllers useless.

Be careful, I also found a youtube video about a guy blaming the firmware "mis-match" from iOSD status the cause of his drone NAZA M V2 controller went berserk and crashing the drone.

Now, the SOLUTION for that is to roll back the Firmware, there is no explanation no where in how to do that, you will need email DJI and wait few days to get a reply...so save some time and try this:

Hook up powered drone iOSD to PC, open iOSD Assistant Software, click on "i" Info tab

Click at the Firmware, that will open a window "Firmware Upgrade"....you will see in green bellow right "Download successfully!" and in Blue "Refresh".........

DON'T CLICK on anything, instead type "door" on your keyboard

That will open another window asking for username and password, type "104" for username and "104" for password

That will open another Firmware Upgrade window that will allow you to roll back to the Version 1.04 that works with all controllers.

Funny thing is that at end of the email they suggest to not broadcast the info, really? they should put the fix at their web site! Guess having the bugs is good to keep the Support personal employed !! shame, why just don't put in red letters - THIS UPGRADE IS ONLY FOR A3 and N3 controllers???

Hope that helps someone......it took me days searching the Net with no real solution.
Hello! Did that but nothing.
when i reboot the drone and the Assistant it still does not let me enter the main page. It even says that i have the 4.0 version and i should upgrade.
Dec 04, 2017, 12:09 AM
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We are sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your device.

Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you, but the new firmware of iosd mini is used with A3 or N3. If you use other flight controller, you can just ignore it. So may I ask what flight controller do you use?

If you don't use A3/N3, please downgrade the iosd mini. (The pictures I used are examples, same to iosd mini).
After you download firmware successfully, you see this page below, please directly input "door" on your keyboard:

Then you will see an input box:

username: 104 password: 104

Then you will see the older firmware and you can downgrade it:

Please check it.
Please note: this method is only for emergency case, and don't spread this method for commercial reasons. Thank you.

Also, you can consider it a kind suggestion: before you upgrade firmware, you'd better check its release note. Thank you.

Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!

Work´s for me!!!
Last edited by igor.rodriguez; Dec 04, 2017 at 12:17 AM.
Jan 18, 2018, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igor.rodriguez
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We are sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your device.

Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you, but the new firmware of iosd mini is used with A3 or N3. If you use other flight controller, you can just ignore it. So may I ask what flight controller do you use?

If you don't use A3/N3, please downgrade the iosd mini. (The pictures I used are examples, same to iosd mini).
After you download firmware successfully, you see this page below, please directly input "door" on your keyboard:

Then you will see an input box:

username: 104 password: 104

Then you will see the older firmware and you can downgrade it:

Please check it.
Please note: this method is only for emergency case, and don't spread this method for commercial reasons. Thank you.

Also, you can consider it a kind suggestion: before you upgrade firmware, you'd better check its release note. Thank you.

Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!

Work´s for me!!!
Hey guys I have tried everything that you have helped with and everything I know, from changing the grounds and changing the input voltage. The osd only go out when I put the props on and arm the quad and raise the throttle. I have also re down graded the software back to its orginial. any Help please

Quick Reply