May 15, 2017, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woji

Hi,
Sorry, there is no way to unlock the location lock.
Best regards,
Kevin Chen
Hubsan USA
So what good is the quad if he can't fly it ? He paid for gps/follow me/rth. How will Hubsan solve his problem ?
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2017, 05:57 PM
Badass Service Mofo at Hubsan

The International vs Chinese version

Hello, all.

We would like to give you a more detailed explanation as to what is going on with the different versions. The lock that is placed on the Chinese version cannot be altered by upgrading firmware.

Also, we cannot fully control what retailers do, especially if they are unscrupulous and/or ignorant of what they are selling. We specifically made a Chinese version and an international version to protect the retail markets. Obviously, there are some vendors who do not care and no matter what we do, they will surface and still attempt to sell the Chinese version to international flyers. For this, we apologize- make sure that you purchase from a certifiable source/reputable source that will specifically confirm that they sell the international version before buying the model.

If you already have a Chinese version and are a part of the international community: the most convenient and cost efficient way is to get a refund from your retailer and then in turn buy the international version from another (or the same if they have it).

-Hubsan Official
May 18, 2017, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by annegottagun
Hello, all.

We would like to give you a more detailed explanation as to what is going on with the different versions. The lock that is placed on the Chinese version cannot be altered by upgrading firmware.

Also, we cannot fully control what retailers do, especially if they are unscrupulous and/or ignorant of what they are selling. We specifically made a Chinese version and an international version to protect the retail markets. Obviously, there are some vendors who do not care and no matter what we do, they will surface and still attempt to sell the Chinese version to international flyers. For this, we apologize- make sure that you purchase from a certifiable source/reputable source that will specifically confirm that they sell the international version before buying the model.

If you already have a Chinese version and are a part of the international community: the most convenient and cost efficient way is to get a refund from your retailer and then in turn buy the international version from another (or the same if they have it).

-Hubsan Official
Do the boxes indicate if the quad is Chinese or International ?
May 18, 2017, 10:23 PM
Quote:
i have same problem, if dron have GPS signal motor lock and light 1 red diod. inside room have not GPS signal dron fly. i am from czech republic (Europe)

may be, we need your softwere

message from hubsan suport: Kevin Chen <kevin.chen@hubsan.com>:

Hi,

It is a software lock as I was told, I would have to confirm with my tech in China to see if it is possible to remove the lock. We might not be able to lift the lock until a later time as it was to protect foreign vendors.

Best regards,
Kevin Chen
Hubsan USA
Which vendor did you buy it from ?
May 19, 2017, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvestor2002
I've posted the question to management. Waiting on their reply. I'd think, though, that the Chinese version would have all of its materials in Chinese - but this could have changed from the time the H501S first came out. It had a Chinese and international version as well.
May 19, 2017, 07:11 PM
R/C Superfan
Get a 502E and avoid the hassle with this one would be my suggestion.Now the H502C Star, may be a good choice,have not seen any reviews on the 502C yet but I am curious about it
May 21, 2017, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by annegottagun
Hello, all.

-Hubsan Official
Does this mean the hardware is different on the chinese and international version ?
Yesterday, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Which vendor did you buy it from ?
https://www.aliexpress.com/
Yesterday, 06:58 PM
Quote:
According to management, no the boxes do not- but the manual will. A copter with a Chinese manual is the Chinese version. A copter with a English manual is the international version.

Quote:
Does this mean the hardware is different on the chinese and international version ?
No. The Chinese version simply has a fundamental coding lock.
Today, 02:10 AM
if no problem with hardware, we need programator, which extracts from international version firmware and we use in chinise version.
Today, 03:22 AM
Quote:
if no problem with hardware, we need programator, which extracts from international version firmware and we use in chinise version.
Yes but the problem in general firmware for programmable chips are protected ... It means you can extract/steal the current one .... You can only erase it .... (
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer