Hubsan H507A powerstar X4, brushed but with mission planner (in early construction) - Page 27 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 09, 2018, 10:04 PM
What battery do u use and how do you hold it on the quad? How long flight time ? I have been having bad luck with batteries. The last one I flew 6 min and now won’t charge past 7.5 v
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2018, 09:40 PM
KC5UH transmits -------->
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
What battery do u use and how do you hold it on the quad? How long flight time ? I have been having bad luck with batteries. The last one I flew 6 min and now won’t charge past 7.5 v
First, how many of the 507 chargers do you have? Even if only one, you need to get some 3 pin balance connector pairs and splice a mating set into the leads so you can monitor the volts while charging. You can also make an adapter to charge from a good hobby charger - see picture. Pay attention to which connector goes where.

Second, I have not tried flying with the external battery yet. I got a couple ZIPPY Compact 1000mAh 2s 40c batteries to try. I got a couple of 'Honana HN-CH014 Sticky Gel Cell Pads' that I will cut some small strips to support the battery away from the cooling slots in the belly. I already had a supply of Velcro straps like these 'VELCRO Brand 1/2" X 8" Black & Gray ONE-WRAP Thin Ties 50 Count' that I slowly been using over the years. They will work great for quads. I already replaced the huge, thick strap that came on my QX-95 racer with one of these.
Jun 11, 2018, 03:42 AM
How do u connect that to the battery. Don't you need the black plastic box that ot plugs into to charge it ?
Jun 11, 2018, 08:12 PM
Quote:
How do u connect that to the battery. Don't you need the black plastic box that ot plugs into to charge it ?
This is why I told you to split the charger cord. I don't have a picture of the charger USB part with a mate soldered on. I can plug the battery into the adapter and my B6 or I can join it to the USB part.
Jun 11, 2018, 10:50 PM
So are you getting life from your 502T and 507A battery? Am I the only one that can’t charge these batteries. Annie says I am
The only one complaining. No one had problems. Failure is not as bad as I say it is, I so far have had 100% failure 6 batteries and 6 fail to recharge above 7,6 volts.
Jun 12, 2018, 09:18 AM
Well I flew my 502c yesterday. What great flying bird. Flew for 5:30 sec. Landed and still no LVW. Took it home and charged it. Got to 7.6v and quit. So chalk up 2 more dead batteries. Total 6 that won't recharge. I was told by Annie that they don't have a problem .
Please tell me I'm not the only one getting this result. Got to be something wrong with the way they wire these batteries . It is like flying using alkaline AA. C batteries. Fly it throw the batteries away. I even tried to do it on a hobby charger and it shows broken connection. Tried charging using a balance charger that came with one of my 7.4 v quads. After 1 hour no increase in voltage. I think it is time to throw in the towel. I give up. YOU CANT FIX CRAP . Shame on you Hubsan .
Thought I got a deal $27 for a 502T. GPS quad . Warning don't buy them. Even at $10 not worth it . Well I guess if you want to strip it. I guess that is my next step frankenquad it and put it on a frame and use a real battery. .
Last edited by John Luciano; Jun 12, 2018 at 09:25 AM.
Jun 12, 2018, 10:36 AM
Just tried the 2 batteries I charged all night. Maybe my meter is wrong. So I fired it up did calibration, that took a min to get Satelittes.. Flew 2:30 and fell to the ground A win I thought. So tried second battery. Got satellite lock in 30 sec. Flew 30 sec and crashed . Now on charger again. So if light is blinking on charger is it done or charging. It started blinking immediately.
Jun 12, 2018, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Just tried the 2 batteries I charged all night. Maybe my meter is wrong. So I fired it up did calibration, that took a min to get Satelittes.. Flew 2:30 and fell to the ground A win I thought. So tried second battery. Got satellite lock in 30 sec. Flew 30 sec and crashed . Now on charger again. So if light is blinking on charger is it done or charging. It started blinking immediately.
Blinking: charging. Solid: charged. Unless, of course, the charger is bad.
Jun 12, 2018, 09:50 PM
Same with all 5 chargers but battery never charge ..
Jun 12, 2018, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Same with all 5 chargers but battery never charge ..
This might sound a little silly but if you happen to have a DC to AC inverter try using it to charge a battery with one of the original chargers too see if it will charge. Maybe your house AC is causing the problem. You could have some bad outlets. Won't hurt to try. The picture is what I use in the field if I want to charge or run some monitors. Clean power.
Jun 13, 2018, 03:48 AM
Funny I have exact same one.
Jun 13, 2018, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreKol
This might sound a little silly but if you happen to have a DC to AC inverter try using it to charge a battery with one of the original chargers too see if it will charge. Maybe your house AC is causing the problem. You could have some bad outlets. Won't hurt to try. The picture is what I use in the field if I want to charge or run some monitors. Clean power.
Thank you for the suggestion. In all honesty, we're at a loss for what to prescribe for this case now. I'm not joking when I say that I receive few to no complaints about the batteries except for the contact points with the pins and the chargers. Otherwise...it's likely something else.
Jun 13, 2018, 05:19 PM
I find it very strange. That every one has accepted it . They just buy new ones I guess. Ask your people how can you get the battery to take a charge once the charger screws it up. Once the balance is so far off it can't charge I even tried to kill it compleatly. When cell 1 gets to 4.3 no matter where cell 2 is it shuts down. So you now have a 4.3 and a 3.2 cell . Won't charge. I have yet to get a successful charge. 9 batteries 4 chargers.
I have gutted my 502C and now it is great I can run any battery I want includeding the 1300 transmitter battery and the 502S battery. 6 min flight time and guess what I can charge the battery. 7 min flight times
Jun 15, 2018, 08:19 PM

Bad connector in battery case

I had made the Y connector (first picture) for some other batteries I had. When I got my H502Ts and extra batteries, I ended up with 4 Hubsan chargers. I cut the cable of one of the chargers and put on a mating pair of 2S JST-HX connectors so I could charge the 502T batteries with my hobby chargers (second picture). The setup is shown in the third picture.

I have 6 batteries and had charged and flown 3 of them prior to today. So today, I decided to charge and fly the other 3 to make sure they were OK. When I plugged one battery into a Hubsan charger, it would not charge. I tried my other 2 Hubsan chargers and it would not charge in them either. When I plugged it into the hobby charger setup, I got 'connection break'.

So I grabbed an extra JST-XH, soldered 2 small digital meters I had to it to see what the battery was doing. The video links here show graphically what is going on with my bad battery.

So, Anne, you need to get your engineers to watch these videos. Maybe they will want this bad battery for engineering analysis so they can find out precisely what is going on with these cased batteries.

H502T battery connector problem 1 (1 min 19 sec)

H502T battery connector problem 2 (1 min 18 sec)
Jun 15, 2018, 10:56 PM
Yea! I’m not alone. Did you get it to ever charge. I found once it gets screwed up. It is dead to the world. Buy a new one. I should buy stock in that battery co. They got market sowed up on this one I could be Ritch instead of poor buying all these batteries

Quick Reply