Apr 05, 2017, 06:20 AM
R/C Superfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvestor2002
did you have flyoffs because you did not have a gps lock ? did you try rebooting your phone ? Do you have a lot of background apps running ? Maybe they are slowing your phone down ?

how much damage did you do to your quad when it hit the tree ? Can you post some videos of the flight crash or photos of your damaged quad ?
Yes,I lost gps lock,it is not a very good phone,I have however tried using a android tablet recently after the phone attempts and had much better results with the H507A.No damage to the quadcopter other than a couple broken props.I will now be doing future flights with the H507A using my tablet
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2017, 05:54 PM
R/C Superfan
I am really trying to give this quadcopter a chance and issues I have had are not completely due to the H507A itself,,,,but now I have a new android tablet to use with the H507A but have misplaced the one and only battery for this quadcopter!Yes,my fault and I will find it but at the moment I have not found replacement batteries for the Star and being a proprietary battery the H507A is presently grounded..bummer
Apr 05, 2017, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aben71
I am really trying to give this quadcopter a chance and issues I have had are not completely due to the H507A itself,,,,but now I have a new android tablet to use with the H507A but have misplaced the one and only battery for this quadcopter!Yes,my fault and I will find it but at the moment I have not found replacement batteries for the Star and being a proprietary battery the H507A is presently grounded..bummer
wow. that's very frustrating to loose a battery. Can you advise where you ordered your H507A from ? Banggood and gearbest haven't stocked them yet and I'm interested in ordering soon.

What type of android tablet are you using ? Does it have some type of cellular data to be able to retrieve live maps while you are in the field ?
Apr 05, 2017, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willkhlau
Changed to ball bearing., about 10 min flight time with recording.
Some guy could go over 250M, distance or height.

I am not suprized for the 250m... I still had a relatively solid connexion after 120m ... so with a good WiFi mobile, it should be possible.
The ball-bearings installation is highly recommanded too ....
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Apr 05, 2017, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Harf bad luck ...
Apr 06, 2017, 05:33 AM
At least the camera - although still only 720p - is a step up from the H502 as there's no more yellowish tint especially in the direction of the sun where my H502E image gets very yellow indeed; lots of jello though in your footage SeBy.

Mission planner seems nice and working okay, but I for one don't like these app-only quads so I'll stick to my H502E for now. Or would it be possible to hook up a (bluetooth?) controller to the app?
Apr 06, 2017, 08:08 AM
R/C Superfan
Quote:
wow. that's very frustrating to loose a battery. Can you advise where you ordered your H507A from ? Banggood and gearbest haven't stocked them yet and I'm interested in ordering soon.

What type of android tablet are you using ? Does it have some type of cellular data to be able to retrieve live maps while you are in the field ?
Banggood sent me the H507A to review so I hope to complete that task soon I borrowed a friends tablet for a flight test didn't get GPS on that one but I recently ordered a Azus Zenpad 10 that I hope to receive by this weekend ,that and locate the H507A battery and resume testing
Apr 06, 2017, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Mission planner seems nice and working okay, but I for one don't like these app-only quads so I'll stick to my H502E for now. Or would it be possible to hook up a (bluetooth?) controller to the app?
To be honest, with a 100% GPS-altitulde hold quadcopter machine, control it via sticks is not so painful... but it would be great if a Bluetooth controller could be used. Nice suggestion
Apr 07, 2017, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Banggood sent me the H507A to review so I hope to complete that task soon I borrowed a friends tablet for a flight test didn't get GPS on that one but I recently ordered a Azus Zenpad 10 that I hope to receive by this weekend ,that and locate the H507A battery and resume testing
I thought you need to have cellular data to get gps maps to display on your tablet when using the Hubsan app ?
Apr 07, 2017, 06:18 AM
R/C Superfan
Quote:
I thought you need to have cellular data to get gps maps to display on your tablet when using the Hubsan app ?
That may be so,I only tested a brief manual flight using the tablet I had borrowed ,however it appears Seby used a tablet in his video and had maps.

Good question for Seby,Hi Seby,did you need to have cellular data when using a tablet with the H507A,I currently can't test for it myself so that is why I ask,thanks
Apr 07, 2017, 06:04 PM
R/C Superfan

Yay

Well it has been a long busy week ,got home this evening and sat down at my computer for the first time in a week and guess what I found sitting next to my computer monitor+the battery for the H507A ! The one place I had not looked

And now another good find,when I received the H507A last week I had to download the Hubsan app from apk,I did not find it on the Google store.Today I see the app is now on Google store so I uninstalled the previous X Hubsan app and install this one.It appears to work better on my phone now so I will be checking it out this weekend
Apr 07, 2017, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Well it has been a long busy week ,got home this evening and sat down at my computer for the first time in a week and guess what I found sitting next to my computer monitor+the battery for the H507A ! The one place I had not looked

And now another good find,when I received the H507A last week I had to download the Hubsan app from apk,I did not find it on the Google store.Today I see the app is now on Google store so I uninstalled the previous X Hubsan app and install this one.It appears to work better on my phone now so I will be checking it out this weekend
I hope you have great weather (ie: no wind.) Will you try balancing your props before your flight ? Can't wait to see some video !!
Apr 12, 2017, 07:44 PM
R/C Superfan
So I have had good weather the new tablet and the cleared phone but I still continue to dislike this quadcopter, I do not get a strong GPS lock therefore all of the features such as follow me ,waypoint and orbit will not operate on top of that the virtual joysticks do not function. All the quadcopter does for m,e to lift off and land and record video, I do not wish to be negative,just being honest with my experience with this quadcopter.Perhaps Hubsan still has some bugs to work out,I received this as a test review model and these are my findings so far.
I have a couple other Hubsan quadcopters and they are fantastic the H501S and H502E.
I understand that they may be trying to appeal to the selfie drone trend(not a fan) so if that is the focus of the 507A I feel it is not yet ready for the masses.
Apr 12, 2017, 09:10 PM
Quote:
So I have had good weather the new tablet and the cleared phone but I still continue to dislike this quadcopter, I do not get a strong GPS lock therefore all of the features such as follow me ,waypoint and orbit will not operate on top of that the virtual joysticks do not function. All the quadcopter does for m,e to lift off and land and record video, I do not wish to be negative,just being honest with my experience with this quadcopter.Perhaps Hubsan still has some bugs to work out,I received this as a test review model and these are my findings so far.
I have a couple other Hubsan quadcopters and they are fantastic the H501S and H502E.
I understand that they may be trying to appeal to the selfie drone trend(not a fan) so if that is the focus of the 507A I feel it is not yet ready for the masses.
sorry to hear that the H507A has been a disappointment. Regarding the gps lock, did you power on the quad and leave it in an open field for about 20 minutes to pickup the satellites ? Maybe try a different field in case something in the area (ie: power lines) are causing interference with the gps signals ?

Post some videos of your problem. Maybe SeByDocKy will know how to fix your problem.
Apr 13, 2017, 06:12 AM
R/C Superfan
Yes,I have tested this quadcopter in the same open area I have flown both the 501s and 502e and had no gps issues,I think the majority of the problem is that my smartphone is not so good and being that this quadcopter is 100% smartphone operated it is not useable for me at the moment.