Hubsan H507A powerstar X4, brushed but with mission planner (in early construction) - Page 10 - RC Groups
Jul 15, 2017, 04:01 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Well the more disapointing is the flight time closer to 7min in practice .... but this machine offers a great appz where mission planning and Advanced flight modes are here... It's a no brainer machine to shoot basic video around a POI for example. So with another spare battery and two spare motors, I advise it .... and the price is not so high.
I have to agree here. I just got mine today and took it for a spin. The flight time is definitely short but the phone application is easily one of the best I've used in this price range / class of drone. The only thing that is a shame is that the motors are brushed, as you said, need to have some available for when they die.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2017, 12:35 PM
My review

Hubsan h507a X4 star pro (cheapest GPS Drone?) (6 min 53 sec)
Jul 18, 2017, 10:14 PM
What is the flight time I heard very short. ( short 5 min ?? ) or short under 10
Min. Everyone has their own opinion of SHORT. What say U
Jul 19, 2017, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
What is the flight time I heard very short. ( short 5 min ?? ) or short under 10
Min. Everyone has their own opinion of SHORT. What say U
8 to 10 minutes.
Intelligent modes waypoint, follow me and orbit will not work when battery reaches 35%.
Gps does work great.
Jul 19, 2017, 08:35 AM
Won't work using Kindle Fire. I tried to use Kindle Fire. Can't get any app for it. Is there one. It would be great. I don't use the device anymore
Jul 19, 2017, 08:50 AM
I think ios and android only, like most of them.
Jul 19, 2017, 11:26 AM
I just ordered it. Is it worth it? ( $89 ) Getting second thoughts. Not having luck with IPad control ... I have the Parrot AR Drone. It is terrible , tried to attack me. . I have a nano drone that I can't keep in the air long enough to gain control. I hope this is at least more in control. Range is not a huge factor. I only have softball fields and 100 acre farmers fields . Time ( any thing over 6 min is ok.) I usually take 8 or 10 drones with me. I bought an extra battery.
Jul 19, 2017, 11:37 AM
I havent tried the parrot. Dont know its controlls.
I mostly dont prefer phone controll. But its definitely better on this one compared to the selfie toys i reviewed before.
I wouldnt buy it myself as i prefer real tx control.
But for what it is, its great.
I dont understand the hate some have against this model and 502. People expect a dji when they hear GPS. Its still a toy grade model and sub 100 usd.

The 502 does have tx btw, but blurry cam.
This one doesnt have a tx, but better cam and more "intelligent" flightmodes.
Jul 19, 2017, 12:44 PM
I have 2 Husban 502S. And 2 ) 502E. Love them both. They are My most trusted quads. I take more chances with them. Than I do with my WLTOYS V303 or. The FreeX.Skyview .. I have . Bangtoys X16. And. Cheerson CX20 ... Also a Flying 3D X6
So not expecting. DJI. . Wanted something the girlfriend could play with when I am flying.
Jul 19, 2017, 01:13 PM
Ok then you will like the 507.
It has also 3 sensitivity rates on phone. With more expo on the junior setting and more direct in advanced.
Jul 19, 2017, 04:19 PM
If it was going to be my only drone or 1st I might agree that it will be not satisfying . I only want something different. I usually only fly 60 to 100 feet up. And like I said 400 to 500 feet is the distance limit.
Jul 19, 2017, 04:31 PM
Yes its nice to have atleast one "different" quad in a mixed fleet.
It would be nice for you and girlfiend as you already have experience and know what to expect.
It could possibly reach 300 feet (100 meters) in an open area without interference but keep in mind that its wifi only.
I think phone quality and wifi capabilities of phone also matter. I used it with my new samsung galaxy s8. When i fly my wifiquads outside i make sure the phone is in "airplane" mode, so i dont get a message or a call when i am flying. The hubsan app is neat tho. No bugs etc...
Jul 19, 2017, 05:51 PM
Good tip on the airplane mode. Never thought of that. Well I will see in 3 weeks . I ordered the spare battery $8. I have at least one extra batte for each quad I have ( I have 10 batteries for the H502 e and S ) and at least one set of props and 2 motors each.. Yea 100s of batteries.
Jul 20, 2017, 06:05 AM
The camera on this one is so much better than the one in the H502; if only they would bring one out with a transmitter.
Jul 22, 2017, 10:24 AM
I just received this model and i was wondering if your charger keeps blinking during the whole battery charge? Mine turns the light solid after about a min or so, and i'm concerned the battery isn't getting fully charged.