Banggood "2.4G 8CH Micro Frsky D8" range? - RC Groups
Mar 29, 2017, 02:26 PM
Discussion

Banggood "2.4G 8CH Micro Frsky D8" range?

Can any of you electronic gurus tell what the theoretical range this this might be?

http://www.banggood.com/2_4G-8CH-Mic...?rmmds=myorder

I'm wondering if it has the PA/LNA (or whatever) and will have decent range or if it's in the same class as the furiousfpv micro rx and frsky XM and it won't even make it around the corner of my house.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2017, 09:25 PM
What is landing :O
IT does have an LNA from what I can see. The Rfaxis 2401c or whatever is a lna. I assume that means it has around 1k of range.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong :P
Mar 30, 2017, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro123
IT does have an LNA from what I can see. The Rfaxis 2401c or whatever is a lna. I assume that means it has around 1k of range.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong :P
Excellent! That's good to know. I have three of these but I was unsure if I should try them on my "bigger" quads. I'll go ahead and give it a shot and report back with and findings.
Mar 30, 2017, 08:01 AM
And I also need to remember to get in there with a multimeter and see what the voltage dividers for the A1 and A2 actually are. I'm guessing they should output no more than 3.3v to the ADC.
Mar 30, 2017, 08:59 PM
Yeah i found the two voltage dividers. 10k/3.3k for both so they support up to 13.3v.
May 02, 2017, 11:49 AM
Need the help of all you electrical geniuses. I have some of these receivers and some of the aircraft I use them on are 4s. What can I do to get voltage telemetry support? My first attempt was to put my own voltage divider in front of the A1 pad. That did not seem to work. It still tops out at 13.3v AFAICT. It's 150/270 which should output 11.186v for 17.4v input. I thought that 11.2v could then be mapped to 17.4 in the taranis but that does not seem to be the case. What am I doing wrong and what's the proper way to go about this?
Last edited by bennymack; May 02, 2017 at 12:06 PM.
May 03, 2017, 12:30 AM
I used these, looking at circa 300 mts. They seem to start failing very quickly. I noticed that the signal would drop then pick up again after 7 lipos at close range. I am now swapping out these for genuine frsky receivers following a "fly away", fortunately I had a no pulse failsafe set to drop.
Banggood never put any negative feedback up either. Just spend a few extra $ and buy gen parts.
May 03, 2017, 09:09 AM

I have these on three quads at this point! No drop outs or flyaways yet though. I will make sure to go back through and configure them to drop upon signal loss.

Oddly, my last loss of control was with a genuine XSR just a few meters away. Started to slowly spiral upward while I until eventually dropping once the FCB figured out what was happening. Nice soft landing into some mud. I blame wet grass or mud for that little failure. It wouldn't connect shortly after that so I let it dry out and then it worked again.
Dec 22, 2017, 05:45 PM
Just found out today that it's pretty easy to get uninverted frsky sbus off these. Just remove the 6 legged IC at the bottom right and then solder a wire from the "T" pad (towards the upper left) to the pad where the lower left leg of the IC was. Voila! Sbus pad is now uninverted.

Quick Reply