View Poll Results: This airliner kit type preference?
Bigger model, not micro. 10 58.82%
ARF 8 47.06%
Laser cut "Throw Back" balsa kit with formed parts (Requires Classic Building Techniques) 1 5.88%
EDF 10 58.82%
Prop Pusher 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Apr 07, 2017, 12:40 AM
Sorry for slow progress but as a beta tester I think first about the tasks before I do them

Never the less yesterday I prepared the edfs for the airbrush job and mounted the motors in the fan housing.
Also I checked the recommanded CG position. More or less the are the same

Best

Rudi
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2017, 01:13 AM
Designer at Heavymetalrc.com
Thread OP
Wow this is really cool! great job! CG looks about where I measured as well then? Thank you for showing this.
Apr 07, 2017, 04:03 AM

A319 Delivery

Hi everyone

Little late to the party with this but the Airbus arrived a few days ago and thought I'd share what I found in the box!

As you can see comes well packaged with some parts stuck inside stop them moving. The first thing noticeable is that it's so light, clearly, Broc at Heavymetalrc.com has really thought about this in planning and the final product. Unfortunately, mine did suffer from handling by Mr Postie and will require a little repair job but it's not going to be a problem.... This version is the pusher prop type so the engine pod will require opening up in the tailpipe.

Graphics are supplied by Broc just need to finalise a colour scheme for this "little bird".......maybe a pre-delivery colour perhaps!

Overall very pleased and will keep you all posted on how mine comes together.
Last edited by vette84; Apr 07, 2017 at 04:14 AM.
Apr 07, 2017, 12:08 PM
Thread OP
Thank you for the post Vette! you know, I actually always thought the factory colors were kinda cool myself.. very industrious.

I'm going to redesign that balsa spar there, and use ply instead. Also, I think a type of "slot" for each part in the box will ultimately be the answer to a safer delivery. Thanks again Vette, let me know if you need anything further.

Broc
Apr 09, 2017, 01:54 AM
this is cool. how much does it cost for a PNP?
Apr 09, 2017, 06:30 AM
Hi Guys,

some update from this weekend. started with the paintjob. Not finished yet but soon

Best

Rudi

@yappy88 : I guess the actual price is 120 bugs but when you visit Brocs HP you can find it out.
Apr 09, 2017, 12:43 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yappy88
this is cool. how much does it cost for a PNP?
I can do one up for $120 in ARF.. by plug n play you mean with ESC's and BEC? That's a little more work for me. Wasn't planning on this as a kit option, but hey. If you guys want that, I'm open. Shoot me a PM.
Apr 09, 2017, 12:48 PM
Thread OP
Cool! I love the red tips on the flap tracks! Couple questions, did you glue the upper fuse shell. Also, it looks like maybe a material of some kind over the wing surface.. Looking great Rudi, nice job
Apr 09, 2017, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalejet757
Cool! I love the red tips on the flap tracks! Couple questions, did you glue the upper fuse shell. Also, it looks like maybe a material of some kind over the wing surface.. Looking great Rudi, nice job
Hi Broc,

Thx you Sir.

There is no material on the wing surface. Only sky grey and sea grey from tamiya. The black lines are from a eding permanent Marker. The wing paint job isn't ready until now. Some minor details are missing. The fuse shell isn't glue until now. The upper and the underside are fitting prerfect. Also cockpit and heckkonus

More to come

Rudi
Apr 11, 2017, 04:33 AM
Update:

Painted the belly and the nacelles.
After a hint from Broc I descided to make a plywood support for the nacelles mount.

More to come.

Best

Rudi
Apr 11, 2017, 10:30 AM
Thread OP
Awesome sauce! Looks pretty nice! Did you use two different paints for the vertical stab? It looks good.. I was thinking of trying to find a super light film to go over the foam surface that could be painted. That way, you dont have to switch between two paints, or graphics. Hard to find the exact materials though. Need $$$ to move those mountains. Hopefully soon enough

Good call on the pylons. Saving this in the design
Apr 11, 2017, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalejet757
Awesome sauce! Looks pretty nice! Did you use two different paints for the vertical stab? It looks good.. I was thinking of trying to find a super light film to go over the foam surface that could be painted. That way, you dont have to switch between two paints, or graphics. Hard to find the exact materials though. Need $$$ to move those mountains. Hopefully soon enough

Good call on the pylons. Saving this in the design
Thank you

No this is tamyia sky grey on the vertical stab. As I found out it is really diff. to mask such a thin abs material to add. a second color. This evening I plan to paint the austrian airline icon on the rudder and to glue the rotos on the engine.

Best

Rudi
Apr 11, 2017, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi
Thank you

No this is tamyia sky grey on the vertical stab. As I found out it is really diff. to mask such a thin abs material to add. a second color. This evening I plan to paint the austrian airline icon on the rudder and to glue the rotos on the engine.

Best

Rudi
That paint job is looking real nice Rudi...did you use an airbrush? how many coats to cover the black shell?
Apr 12, 2017, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette84
That paint job is looking real nice Rudi...did you use an airbrush? how many coats to cover the black shell?
Thank you sir. I used a tamyia primer white. I made two layer and than I used ts 26 white also from tamyia.

Best

Rudi

Quick Reply