HeavyMetalRC- Micro A319!!! - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
View Poll Results: This airliner kit type preference?
Bigger model, not micro. 10 58.82%
ARF 8 47.06%
Laser cut "Throw Back" balsa kit with formed parts (Requires Classic Building Techniques) 1 5.88%
EDF 10 58.82%
Prop Pusher 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Mar 29, 2017, 12:27 PM
Designer at Heavymetalrc.com
Discussion

HeavyMetalRC- Micro A319!!!

Twin 30mm EDF

AUW with 450mAh Lipo- 5.8oz

Basic 4 Channel

I like to use the Lemon micro lite 6ch receiver with DSM2. I know I said I'd only use DSMX after my DC-10 mishap, but after discovering that it was the dx6i transmitter antenna and PCB, I figured that it was probably safe to venture back to DSM2 to enjoy the price and super light weight benefits. No problems so far.

The current model has not yet flown. However, there are versions of the "bus" that have flown in the past many weeks. The first needed some weight removed and a little more power. So I removed 1.5 oz from the design which did cost me a few features in exchange, like magnetic hatches etc. Other flights showed a lot of promise, but I did have to move the battery compartment around. On the current EDF version, it sits behind the wing under the access hatch, which is the wing fairing underside. I'm still thinking the ELE and RUD servos, and Receiver that sit on a platform in the nosecone, will need to join their friends in the belly hatch to get it perfectly balanced. I also experienced some dull performance from the previous ailerons. I'm blaming this on the "down and dirty" slat that hangs directly a head of the aileron. I've had that problem before, especially at high angles of attack on the up deflecting side. So I reduced some of the outboard flap width and added some room for more AIL. Hopefully this works better. The kind and patient gentleman that will be receiving their beta's anytime now, should be able to tell us AAAALLL about it. It was just time to get something to them, even if it was just my best at the moment. The fact is, I could continue to improve the design forever. But I know I will learn more by letting them get their hands on it now. SO! You know what they say!- Seek failure! Or my fav- Run INTO the burning building when everyone else is running OUT.

I'm working on getting some flight video posted, and some nice pictures of some finished models. I also welcome the beta testers to post about their builds so I can answer questions and get feedback.
Last edited by Scalejet757; Mar 29, 2017 at 12:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2017, 01:38 PM
Give me a TriStar anyday!
Damn
Mar 29, 2017, 09:11 PM
Patiently waiting
Mar 29, 2017, 10:26 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Now that is the definition of awesome!
Latest blog entry: My RC 737 Assembly line!
Mar 29, 2017, 10:44 PM
Airliner Builder
Looking sharp! Looking forward to flying one
Mar 30, 2017, 05:48 AM
Ladies and Gentlemens,
I feel it. Great times come to us As soon as my beta bus arrived I will start to share my exp. with the community. A great "Thank you" to Broc for the effort he spend to bring such airliner(s) to the market. I guess he closes a gap on the market.

Best

Rudi
Mar 31, 2017, 04:01 AM
Several seconds ago the postman brought me the A319 . The packet looks good.(undamaged) In the moment I have no time to open it but this weekend I will open it and show you what I have received.

Best

Rudi
Mar 31, 2017, 07:52 AM
Awesome! Looking forward to the build and flight reports
Apr 02, 2017, 02:38 AM
Hi Guys,

after some family tasks I found time to open the box Broc takes really care about the save shipment. But back to the main thing the "Airbus A319". I never build a micro model by my self and Broc helped me a littlebit with the "bring the parts together" Now after I saw what I have received I would start to think about a inteligent sequenze of making the build. More to come.

Best

Rudi
Apr 02, 2017, 06:04 PM
Rudi, thanks kindly for participating in the beta review. She's looking good from here, I hope she's everything you'd been hoping for! And if not, we will fix any flaws as we go. I'm very grateful that I finally get to record some REAL feedback and get this kit zipped up. Ask as many questions as you need, and give any input that you feel it may deserve.

For starters I'd like to post the Electrical schematic for the EDF version, and list the components that I recommend currently.
This is subject to change but I really do like this twin set up. It's the lightest and cheapest independently sourced system I could come up with. The current system will require soldering plugs for your motors to Esc's and Esc's to BEC, and includes the following components:

Motors- Eflite BL180m Ducted Fan Motor, 13,500Kv (30mm Fans are right and left, counter rotating 4 blade from the Blade inductrix quad) Looking to fit outrunner at later time.
ESC- YEP 7a (X2) .7 gr ea
BEC- Diatone Mini 2A BEC 5v 1 gr
Rx- Lemon Rx Nanolite 6ch DSM2 with JST plugs 1.98 gr
Servos- HK-5320 Ultra-Micro Digital Servo (x3) 1.7g
Batt- 450mAh 2s lipo ( Red JST plug)

The surface mount LED's for the wings are the only change I've made to the diagram. They now run from the BEC 5v "out" pin.
Apr 03, 2017, 01:15 AM
@Broc : Thx for the updates and the el. schema !

Yesterday I started the build. First I glued some hinges from old floppy disc material to elevator and ailerons. Broc informed me that he is using clear tape but I will use the hinges because this is easier when I paint the model. The color can not peal off. Also I added the two aileron servos in the wing and made the wires to move the ailerons.

Rudi

BTW : Today I will order the batteries (2S450mAh) and some thin wires.
Last edited by Rudi; Apr 03, 2017 at 01:32 AM.
Apr 03, 2017, 01:33 AM
Great Job! See I knew you wouldn't need instructions... yet.. haha perfect so far on the linkage. The wing servos look well placed too. So, just for the ol' fyi.. the latest model actually has a bell crank single servo AIL system now, which is a tad lighter and easier to hook up. Everyone got a slightly different version of the kit.. it was still evolving while making them to order. Hoping we'll get some pics from them. But thank you for the great pics from Austria!
Apr 03, 2017, 07:10 AM
Hm... since the bus arrived I didin't get it out of my head During a meeting I mentioned that I have to add. some smal winglets on the bus. I will use the removed material from the aileron servos. (pricture will follow)

Best

Rudi
Apr 03, 2017, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi
Hm... since the bus arrived I didin't get it out of my head During a meeting I mentioned that I have to add. some smal winglets on the bus. I will use the removed material from the aileron servos. (pricture will follow)

Best

Rudi

Rudi, there should be a small bag in your kit that includes the winglets, gear door panels, and fuselage fins
Apr 04, 2017, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalejet757
Rudi, there should be a small bag in your kit that includes the winglets, gear door panels, and fuselage fins
HI Broc,

cool, sorry I didn't open the back until now . Yesterday I ordered 4 Lipos from HK and 4m thin servo wire. Also a Tamyia Primer, White (TS) and Tamyia masking tape from a local dealer. Only the best stuff for this small little beauty

Best

Rudi
Last edited by Rudi; Apr 04, 2017 at 01:53 AM.