Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 28, 2017, 02:56 PM
B for Bruce
Discussion

Flying Cloud Wegner Flugmodelle

An old thread was dragged up in the Electric Planes forum here about this company and some of the models it had. Doesn't appear to be in business any longer though. But I was so smitten with the looks of their flying wing models that I could not help but post a couple of pictures of the models here for you to enjoy.

Flying Cloud de Wegner-Flugmodelle
Flying Cloud de Wegner-Flugmodelle. Passages en radada... (2 min 48 sec)

And here's a page link to a Euro company that still shows a listing with good pictures. Click on the picture to see the "gallery " in a larger size.
https://www.rc-markt.de/kleinanzeige...r-flugmodelle/

They also had one called the Birdy.

Here's a link to the W-F Birdy page that must be from some time machine since their home page no longer works. But you can click on the "Weitere Bilder" link and go to a page of construction and finished images.

Same old page for their elliptical wing plank called the Mini Star

Not so lucky with these small and fuzzy images of the W-F Rising Star shown below which might be of more interest to most here than the smaller and obviously more sporty Mini Star.

They clearly had a thing for building light structures around a sturdy formed box spar. The spar is a common element in all their soaring and some of their powered designs. If the company is out of business and will not be starting up again it would be nice if the plans for these interesting designs could be made available. I really like the whimsical look of the Flying Cloud in particular and with a light build and a good airfoil I think it could be a great flying design.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2017, 10:52 AM
less is more
yes I remember this guy. His laser cut kits were very complex and a very good use of the technology. He clearly spent many hours creating the cut files for the Flying Cloud. The laser cut box spar is a clever concept allowing a quick snap together build of a very curvy wing.
Apr 03, 2017, 08:13 AM

Gert Wegner

Hello Folks,

due to work and worklaod, Gert Wegners stopped designing and cutting aircraft.
I met him on a Nurflügeltreffen http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...le-im-Spessart
and I think it is a loss for the wood- and building enthousiasts.
Apr 22, 2017, 02:39 AM
Aerotow and sloping Holland
Hi All, I build the Flying Cloud a few years back. A very clever concept. The kit came without a plan and the construction is so clever that you don't need a plan to build this plane. Never experienced that before. You just build up a box like spar an click the formers on like lego. Regretfully I sold the plane. It still hurts. I hope Gert will get back in business.

Regards, Maarten
Apr 22, 2017, 03:28 AM
Aerotow and sloping Holland
I gave mine a vintage look.

The Flying Cloud is a great flier.

Regards, Maarten