"Easy" to build depron Jets? Free plans possibly? - RC Groups
Oct 12, 2004, 05:29 PM
Cheapskate freeloader!

"Easy" to build depron Jets? Free plans possibly?

Hi there!

A buddy of mine has built Jetset44īs F/A 18 foamie. Having seen it fly today, Iīm getting the urge to build something similar. As I see it I have three options:
1. Go with the great flying F/A 18, that is a proven design, and that looks very convincing in the air.
2. Ask you guys if there are others that have drawn up and built similar models (looking for a similar easy flatplate/box construction).
3. Go out and buy a 1/72 or 1/48 scale plastic model, and do my own all from scratch.

Option 1 would be the "easiest" way out, since I allready have one flying in my club, and therefore have access to "know-how" readily available.

Option 2 is the one that looks most attractive to me, as it would be fun to have something at least a little bit different from what my buddy has built.

Option 3 is a possibility, and would make it possible for me to choose just about any Jet, provided it is suitable for the flatplate/box construction. Iīd prefer somehing a little bit less timeconsuming though, as making plans normally takes a lot more time than the actual building.

I am possibly looking to use some of my 3mm depron stash for this project. I bought a lot of 3mm depron with the intent to make a slowflyre bipe, but that project never got off the planningstage. If 3mm depron isnīt enough, I could allways double it where it is neccessary.

So, what ideas can you give me. Are there any more free plans available here?
Iīve done a couple of searches and came up with a couple of free plans, but they were for more intricate structures calling for compund curves, which is not what Iīm looking for right now.

Anders O
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2004, 05:54 PM
Giddy up!
jetset44 has a F-15 that is in beta testing right now, same foam design type like his F-18...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...60#post2747960
Oct 12, 2004, 06:14 PM
Cheapskate freeloader!
Thanks Sal! That looks interesting, but I didnīt find any plans (because itīs a Beta of course).

Any other ideas?

Anders O
Oct 12, 2004, 06:30 PM
Giddy up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroaltitude
Thanks Sal! That looks interesting, but I didnīt find any plans (because itīs a Beta of course).

Any other ideas?

Anders O
It's close, just wait about a week or so and I'm sure Steve will have the plans ready...
Oct 12, 2004, 06:35 PM
I think I'll wait till they make a kit for the F-15, by the time I go and buy all the other stuff to build the plane, it costs almost as much as the kit does, and I have none of the hassles

I SURE HOPE the next jet is the F-22 (hint Hint HINT)
Oct 12, 2004, 06:36 PM
Cheapskate freeloader!
Thanks Sal, I can probably wait that long. It does look very nice!

Anders O
Oct 13, 2004, 08:36 AM
DBa
DBa
French style flyin
Here's wot i found:

A lil grippen :

A lil rafale :

a lil B2

and a lil raptor:

Tell me if u are interested.

cheers,

DB
Last edited by DBa; Oct 13, 2004 at 09:03 AM.
Oct 13, 2004, 12:51 PM
Cheapskate freeloader!
Definitely interested in the SAAB JAS 39 Gripen DB, since that is what the Swedish Air Force are flying now. I was actually contemplating building a SAAB J35 Draken from an enlarged papermodel I found on the net.

What dimensions (length, wingspan and wheight) and what suitable powerplant are we talking about here?

Is this a free plan, a plan available for purchase or a kit (if any of the latter two, what price)?

Anders O
Oct 13, 2004, 01:34 PM
Yes i'm interested in the SAAB JAS 39 too!!! Give me more info

Thanks
Patrik
Oct 13, 2004, 02:44 PM
DBa
DBa
French style flyin
The plan is free

and there is a site with step by step building

here's the link (sorry in french but i can help u to translate)

http://uscaero77.free.fr/_avion/gripen/index.htm

enjoy it,

DB
Last edited by DBa; Oct 13, 2004 at 03:20 PM.
Oct 13, 2004, 03:28 PM
Cheapskate freeloader!
Hey DB, thanks a lot. My french isnīt that good, though Iīm fairly certain I can figure out how it goes together if I get the plans to look at. Thanks a bunch for the help!

Anders O
Oct 13, 2004, 03:37 PM
DBa
DBa
French style flyin
Glad to help u

Here's a direct link for the plan:

http://marcelluswallace.free.fr/imag...pen/gripen.zip

cheers

DB.
Oct 13, 2004, 03:45 PM
Hi... i used altavistas babelfish translator to english.. worked fine for me.

Thanks
Patrik
Oct 13, 2004, 03:59 PM
Cheapskate freeloader!
DB, Iīm pretty bad at this computer stuff. The drawing seems to require that I use Turbocad or some other Cad program to open it. I have installed Turbocad from the file on the website, but it will take me a long time to learn how to use the bloody thing.

There isnīt by chance any version of this plan that doesnīt require a cad-program to view and print it?

Anders O
Oct 14, 2004, 02:44 AM
DBa
DBa
French style flyin
I don't know if there is a direct printable plan,

But u can make a search on the web and trying to find a free dxf viewer.

Good luck,

DB