Thunderbird Kit For Sale - RC Groups
Mar 28, 2017, 11:40 AM
VRCS, SAM
Discussion

Thunderbird Kit For Sale

Hey Guys, Old age and failing eyesight has caused me to have to scale back my RC activities. I have a new in box Thunderbird unbuilt kit that I have decided not to build but pass on to a good home. It has a black wing and white tail, eagle style. It also includes the required brushless motor from Troy. Paid over $400 but will sell it for $325 shipped in the US. It is a beautifully made kit and needs to be assembled and flown! Thanks and good flying, Aero
Last edited by Aeronut41; Nov 09, 2017 at 12:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2017, 07:05 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Good luck with the sale Aero ... !!

Khaled
Mar 29, 2017, 08:50 AM
VRCS, SAM
Tks Khaled
Mar 29, 2017, 01:37 PM
Pictures?
Mar 29, 2017, 02:13 PM
VRCS, SAM
The kit is boxed up and ready to ship. Here is a pic of the kit that Troy took before shipping it to me. Best, Aero
Mar 30, 2017, 10:55 AM
VRCS, SAM
Hi Guys, My wife and son have convinced me to keep the Tbird kit and give it a go this summer. Have some upcoming cardiac surgery and then I'll be able to dig into the build Thanks to all who considered buying it and good flapping, Aero
Mar 30, 2017, 12:15 PM
Wid
Wid
Live Your Dreams
Good luck with the surgery. Keeping the orni sounds like the right thing to do. Having a project to excite you will really help with your recovery. When I was going through and recovering from cancer and its treatment RC flying really helped. Even when I was so beat I could just barely sit and work at flying a little quad.

The SK Lazy Hawk I got from you is still flying great. I have gotten over 15,000 views on the 2 YouTube videos I posted of it. Thanks and best wishes.
Mar 30, 2017, 02:13 PM
VRCS, SAM
Thanks Wid! I miss that Lazy Hawk! It was a very good flyer Congrats on your recovery! I'll put my recovery time to good use as you did! Best, Aero
Mar 30, 2017, 07:02 PM
Hmm .. it seems that there are two heroes at the same thread .. my deepest respect for both of you ... Aero ... you can make it just like Wid did ... and you will build your kit and enjoy flying freely like a bird ... best thing to do ... and never mind eye sight ... that bird is not too small Hahaha

Well said Wid

Best of luck with the Surgery Aero ...

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Khaled
Mar 30, 2017, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wid
Good luck with the surgery. Keeping the orni sounds like the right thing to do. Having a project to excite you will really help with your recovery. When I was going through and recovering from cancer and its treatment RC flying really helped. Even when I was so beat I could just barely sit and work at flying a little quad.

The SK Lazy Hawk I got from you is still flying great. I have gotten over 15,000 views on the 2 YouTube videos I posted of it. Thanks and best wishes.
Well Said Wid .... is your Lazy hawk the one that soars with the vultures .... that's epic ... all you need to do is flap really slow and the magic starts to appear

Khaled
Mar 30, 2017, 10:02 PM
Wid
Wid
Live Your Dreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr
Well Said Wid .... is your Lazy hawk the one that soars with the vultures .... that's epic ... all you need to do is flap really slow and the magic starts to appear

Khaled
Yes, that is the one. I really look forward to the day when I have a mlbco type wing so I can really stay with them in a glide. I don't need to use servos to power it though it would be cool.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...04&postcount=9

Right now I can only really stay with them using my 2 and 3 meter gliders .
Cardboard Danny soars with local vulture (2 min 10 sec)
Last edited by Wid; Mar 30, 2017 at 10:16 PM.
Mar 31, 2017, 06:24 AM
Good luck Aero and best wishes Aero Regards Brian
Mar 31, 2017, 10:48 AM
VRCS, SAM
Thanks Guys, Looking forward to a great summer Best, Aero
Mar 31, 2017, 02:45 PM
VRCS, SAM
Here is what we need Aero

Macaw Racing Thailand (2 min 14 sec)
Nov 09, 2017, 12:42 PM
VRCS, SAM
Hi Guys, Some further age related ailments and financial considerations have prompted me to again put this nice unbuilt ornithopter kit back on the market! Price has dropped to $210 paypal shipped in conus! Wanted to give the folks here a shot at it before putting it on ebay! Thanks for looking and let me know if you want it! Best Aero