tattle tale blinks green LED with glitches in flight - Page 3 - RC Groups
Feb 01, 2018, 12:00 PM
Garland
Thanks for the advice ferret! I appreciate that! I prob shouldnt say sermos as these really are Anderson powerpoles. One is prob the generic of the other. I plan to solder each contact even though I have the special crimper tool. And I wil check each APP plastic housing.

Good point ferret as it is now batteries have short 28guage lead and futaba plug deep in the pane where I cant reach them.. with 16guage wire they can have longer leads to the open near RX and 1 APP connector or so. Less extensions, less connectors, more reliability!!

I know XPS and a few here doesnt like deans ( deans coming off my plane also) are APP ok? I know there good/bad in any choice
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2018, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia
Thanks for the advice ferret! I appreciate that! I prob shouldnt say sermos as these really are Anderson powerpoles. One is prob the generic of the other. I plan to solder each contact even though I have the special crimper tool. And I wil check each APP plastic housing.

Good point ferret as it is now batteries have short 28guage lead and futaba plug deep in the pane where I cant reach them.. with 16guage wire they can have longer leads to the open near RX and 1 APP connector or so. Less extensions, less connectors, more reliability!!

I know XPS and a few here doesnt like deans ( deans coming off my plane also) are APP ok? I know there good/bad in any choice
I tried everything under the sun, I finally settled on the XT60's and silicon covered wires.
Feb 02, 2018, 09:10 AM
Build more, websurf less
28ga power lead is too small to deliver enough power to servos in a standard-size plane. 20ga high-quality stranded wire and high-quality RC connectors will be fine. Keep power cable runs less than 6-8 inches if possible.
Feb 03, 2018, 02:08 PM
Garland
Thanks FlyingW! Last year I wante to fly this and maybe didnt think certain things through on this plane. I hope it never sounded like I point blame only at XPS as that never was my intent. This plane is prob only still alive due to XPS failsafe despite of my build choices!

I will update this every step as I fix and please follow along with any advice as I now others know more then me on stuff.

My net step is to open each pack and resolder all leads to the Rx with 16guage wire. I ahve some 20 gauge servo wire but I think over kill wire wouldnt hurt here.

Quick Reply