This thread is privately moderated by Cubcrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 28, 2017, 02:20 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Thread OP
Discussion

Evolution of Aircraft Storage

With more airplanes than my garage can handle, a new storage solution was needed. I also have many planes hanging from the ceiling on PVC. New rack system underway. Many more rungs to go.

Edit: Third column finished...more info to come.
Last edited by Cubcrazy; Apr 11, 2017 at 03:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2017, 03:07 AM
can't resist a plane on sale..

details?

So each plane gets 2 shelf supports, and you bolt what exactly to each of those and cover with pipe insulation? I like the idea! i converted our old office space to Hangar, planes are hanging off the ceiling mostly. A few on the wall. Too many just on the floor (always temporarily only ! ) And even though I am no longer terribly tall I can reach the ceiling hooks on tiptoes. Your system is pretty dense storage, I may have to emulate it Uprights on 16" pitch?

Rich
Mar 28, 2017, 05:54 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Thread OP
Materials list will be posted soon.

-CC
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Mar 28, 2017, 06:35 AM
into the wild blue yonder
Nice job on your storage racks, I found that problem needed to be addressed long ago.
Apr 06, 2017, 12:54 PM
Radio failure, my arse!
Nice set up. Its a challenge for storage when the collection grows in an exponential fashion. I've used pipe insulation in a similar set up, works well for lighter models. Hollow pool noodles offer a bit more thickness to take the weight of heavier planes.

Quick Reply