This thread is privately moderated by Slider2732, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 27, 2017, 02:16 PM
Storm Runner guy
Thread OP
Discussion

Carbonara - quirky micro quad build

Haven't posted in a while, so I intend to write up some builds from the past few months.
But first, my latest 'thing', Carbonara.
Yep, named after an Italian pasta dish, this is an Eachine E010/Furibee F36 type.

Components:
Eachine E010 RX
4x Chaoli CL-0615 6mm motors (seller sent 8x same direction blue/red motors unfortunately)
2x orange 4 bladed props from the F36 spares bag
2x red 4 bladed props from the E010 spares bag
150mAh JJRC lipo (with wires plus plug end desoldered & swapped for correct polarity)

The idea, was to see if 1mm CF rod, salvaged from old planes in my Boneyard, could work within a simple frame for a quad. Veroboard would form the main frame area, the dimensions would be similar to an Eachine E010. The Eachine RX was intended to be a spare, after dunking the genuine article in a water filled bowl in our kitchen sink.

Why not use a real frame ? because I have none and not too much in the way of cash resources.
Plus, the idea appealed and another idea was to try out an old freeflight aircraft technique of using cotton & white glue to secure the motors.
All went well
The CF rods were cut from old aircraft control links, glued with Fix All to the veroboard and the motors went on well with the cotton and white glue method. Once the motors were exactly aligned, I used CA glue to make the motor positions rock solid.
Final AUW = 15g

Luckily, no trim was needed and she has plenty of power.
The best part, is that without prop guards this little thing doesn't feel the wind !!!!
It's now my 'go to' for windy weather yet is about the lightest thing I own !

Video, showing windy flight near the end:

Carbonara - quirky homemade drone (4 min 26 sec)
Last edited by Slider2732; Mar 27, 2017 at 02:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply