Mar 27, 2017, 09:28 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Last edited by DLGjunkyard; Aug 21, 2018 at 12:34 PM.
Mar 27, 2017, 09:35 AM
Gravity-Compliant User
I vividly remember this one (Johnson/Goldwater). Still brings a chill...

(High Quality) Famous "Daisy" Attack Ad from 1964 Presidential Election (1 min 7 sec)
Mar 27, 2017, 09:38 AM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Been around a long time.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/who-says...-gotten-worse/

A funny one
Granny Off the Cliff (1 min 22 sec)
Mar 27, 2017, 09:43 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Last edited by DLGjunkyard; Aug 21, 2018 at 12:35 PM.
Mar 27, 2017, 09:48 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Mar 27, 2017, 10:01 AM
Gravity-Compliant User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard
Yes, I remember that one.

Dont recall seeing to much quite that extreme here in Canada until about the late 80`s
The Cold War was peaking then and we were just one itchy trigger-finger away from a nuclear exchange. You Canadians would have had a good vantage point to watch the Russian missiles re-enter the atmosphere on their way here.

I remember that being a big election, with Kennedy having been recently assassinated and Johnson replacing him.
Mar 27, 2017, 10:29 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Mar 27, 2017, 10:53 AM
Gravity-Compliant User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard
Do you remember how they effected you? I recall going through my youth not worrying to much knowing we would all be dead anyways. I still feel that way. I have never worried about nukes.
I remember it very well, but, other than the constant reminders of a nuclear war with drills and being constantly in the news, one couldn't worry about it all the time. I was in high school then, about to graduate, and the Viet Nam war was peaking as well with the military draft in effect here. So, it wasn't something I could completely ignore. The draft for boys in my age group was a life-changing thing with major life-affecting decisions being made by others for them. I went on to college, but eventually enlisted in the Air Force, others were drafted or went to Canada. In the service, I worked in a related field.

Had it not been for the Cold War and the Viet Nam war, my life would have been decidedly different. Although, as conflicting as those times were, I doubt if my life would have been more interesting and exciting than it has been.
Last edited by Zaurak3; Mar 27, 2017 at 12:23 PM.

Quick Reply