Aug 10, 2017, 02:12 PM
They call me Crash!
Thanks for update...been hoping you would have gotten yours...can't wait to see it in action. Are you using yours in the ocean or fresh water?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2017, 05:26 PM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000
Thanks for update...been hoping you would have gotten yours...can't wait to see it in action. Are you using yours in the ocean or fresh water?
Mostly Salt water I live in an area that has a lot of saltwater canal estates . There are a few dams and relatively small rivers here that I may explore as well.
Aug 10, 2017, 08:54 PM
They call me Crash!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_75au
Mostly Salt water I live in an area that has a lot of saltwater canal estates . There are a few dams and relatively small rivers here that I may explore as well.
If I decide to get one mine will be for fresh water....but I'm somewhat worried it may be to murky to see anything. There is a lake four hours from here that divers like because it is very clear. May have to visit a dive shop and talk to the divers there for some input.
Aug 22, 2017, 04:55 PM
Shipping date has been updated to early September for the first batch of 100 next batch will be about a week after. The Gladius team have posted a few videos on YouTube tube , one in 4k showing improvements made.
Aug 22, 2017, 08:36 PM
They call me Crash!
Can't wait to see it!!! Thanks for update
Aug 22, 2017, 08:42 PM
They call me Crash!
Latest 4K test footage taken by Gladius Submersible Drone (1 min 12 sec)
Sep 15, 2017, 06:07 PM
The first batch of units have been received by backers, I believe it was 50 units, Mine is late 170's so will be a few more weeks I guess,
The initial videos coming through look pretty good despite average water quality. Initial posts observe that the "feel" of the unit in quality is very good, noting it feels superior to certain high end consumer aerial FPV platforms.
One of many unbox pics
Sep 15, 2017, 11:31 PM
They call me Crash!
You are a patient man.
Sep 16, 2017, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000
You are a patient man.
Any new products takes time, don't know if you know about Trident from open rov but I hat was supposed to ship last November and afaik it hasn't yet. These guys have kept their backers well informed on issues to be sorted before shipping and incorporated many things from backer feedback.
Sep 20, 2017, 05:16 PM
whhwoo i need one
Sep 20, 2017, 07:02 PM
Looks like another player in the market YOUCAN BW 1 ROV just popped into my Indiegogo notifications. For about the same money as the Gladius but lower camera specs.
Sep 20, 2017, 10:08 PM
They call me Crash!
Youcan Robot BW1 - The most affordable Underwater ROV (1 min 33 sec)
Oct 10, 2017, 05:03 PM

Drone insurance

Hey just in case your ariel or underwater drone is damaged, it best to get it insured before you begin using it.
Oct 10, 2017, 05:09 PM
Theres been a few minor issues with the first batch which the company appears to be addressing such as wifi and constuction of the tether reel. They have been open about thees issues and implementing fixes for the next batch.
Dec 02, 2017, 10:13 PM
Another update, After sorting out the issues with the fist batch they have started shipping Indiegogo orders again with order numbers out to 162 sent, they are doing 40 to 50 every three days now according to their updates so I should see mine shipped in the next week or so, Yes it has been a long time but I believe they have been fairly open in their communication with the project backers so I am not too worried, I know of at least 1 Aussie who has received their unit from the second batch.

Gladius ROV Seychelles (4 min 10 sec)

This guy has put out a lot of videos

Also check out Dustin Dunnill who received one of the first ones and mentions a few of the first batch issues
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...TpqFylcl1-Ri45

Quick Reply