Mar 28, 2017, 03:48 PM
This is really neat.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2017, 06:31 PM
Keep Flying
This looks really cool.,would love to test one out, Being a diver and doing a lot of dives and underwater video up here in the mid Atlantic i cannot see it being much use up here ,to small kinda toyish for rough waters, and the vis at 100 ft depth is 15ft on a good day ,so this mini rov would fight current and surge and have to be right on the wreck im talkin 5 ft with lights on to see anything and get a clear shot , any futher its all green in the frame, then u have to worry about entanglement, but maybe down in clear water say florida 60' vis but still have strong currents to fight ,im thinking this would get pushed around like a micro in 20mph winds,its very hard to get good shots underwater,im lucky if i get 10 sec with no movement and steady shot, maybe we can use a gimbal on this lol.i have the feeling this would get blown all over and have very shaky vid and will be seasick at the end of viewing it, With that said i dont want to knock it i love new gadgets so for the price it might be good,i can see in a lake or pond where its nice and smooth even if its murky water you can navigate up close to the object and just hang there or cruise around without getting pushed into it or worry about getting tangled, well cant wait to hear more about it,

Ron
Mar 29, 2017, 10:33 AM
Internet Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece
I would think the simple answers are "don't use it where it might get run over by a boat", and "don't use it where it might entangle a swimmer", but I suffer from a debilitating condition called common sense.
Snoopy needs your input, apparently he is confusing a 100k plus salvage rig to a 600 fpv rc sub.
Mar 29, 2017, 05:13 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Snoopy is confusing me with his post. Or something.
Mar 29, 2017, 07:58 PM
Keep Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by fATAL
Snoopy needs your input, apparently he is confusing a 100k plus salvage rig to a 600 fpv rc sub.
Not really ,just hoping for the best i guess, who would ever thought these little fpv wings , planes and quads could get the video they get for a small investment ,yrs ago you needed a cessna or some type plane to get some great video , now u can send out a 2 pound drone with LR system, gimbal and 4k camera and come back with some sweet video, maybe ur right this is a far reach for where i want to take it ,but hey its a start and u dont need to spend a hundred grand as u say,who knows that's why i like to see one, but at any rate im sure they will get cheaper and better over time just like these little toys we fly that bring back incredible video ..

Ron
Apr 08, 2017, 09:07 PM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
So I brought one, I will update when it is delivered, It has no option for any sort of attachment, the controller is a bluetooth connection to the display device and the display device is the link to the WiFi buoy as I understand it.

Apparently they are going to develop a model with the attachment option, given the amount the crowd funding has attracted they have plenty of R & D cash now.

Its a polished up version of the Openrov Trident IMO.
Apr 18, 2017, 03:26 PM
Kyrkbymannen
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_75au
So I brought one, I will update when it is delivered, It has no option for any sort of attachment, the controller is a bluetooth connection to the display device and the display device is the link to the WiFi buoy as I understand it.

Apparently they are going to develop a model with the attachment option, given the amount the crowd funding has attracted they have plenty of R & D cash now.

Its a polished up version of the Openrov Trident IMO.
I bought one too. I was going for the trident but with rising price, delays and no floating boey I went for this one instead for less than half the price.
Perhaps it's not as good, or perhaps it's better... but the standard 1080p with 30m tether is enough for my needs.

I hope it will arrive in time for summer as stated.
Apr 28, 2017, 06:18 AM

Strange battery charging method

Hello,
Looking at the videos and photos I have seen on one photo that the drone is charged at the center of the rear side and that you have to remoove 3 screws in order to connect the charger. This seems strange : removing for each charge the 3 scews will rapidly destroy the plastic.
More strange : on all the other photos and veos you cannot see this triangle with the 3 screws.
Has somebody an explanation for this ?
I have an option for a Trident but ass the delivery date is again postponed I study alternatives. This is one.
Apr 28, 2017, 05:09 PM
Most photos are of the top, the cover is on the bottom. would hope there are nutserts in there.
Apr 29, 2017, 02:38 PM
Even with nutserts this seems a strange solution : 3 screws to remove each charging ? There exist more efficient solutions !
Jul 02, 2017, 03:34 PM
Free my speech
This would be great for locating sunken RC race boats.
Jul 02, 2017, 09:47 PM
Haven't got it yet, supposedly shipping this month.
Aug 10, 2017, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_75au
Haven't got it yet, supposedly shipping this month.
Did anyone get it? My buddy wants to order one, but can't find the app in either the iOS Store or the Play Store. They told him that if he pre-orders now they are shipping in early September.
Aug 10, 2017, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpmark
Did anyone get it? My buddy wants to order one, but can't find the app in either the iOS Store or the Play Store. They told him that if he pre-orders now they are shipping in early September.
No I haven't received it yet, they are somewhat regularily updating on their facebook page and through emails to backers, the Play version of the ap is Ifdive, IOS is If.Dive. App does nothing without the machine anyway

Latest update

Quote:
Hi All, I know all of you need update. As our last update, we are in assembly and final testing stage and schedule to shipping at this month. The shipping date comes closer, probably at 15-20th.
The most important issues now we encountered is we have to wait for the certification of FCC/CE, which is strict testing on radiation of WIFI. Although we have had launched the testing several weeks ago but itís a long process our of our control and we were cooperating with test organization for that.
In order to pass the test, weíve made a change on the WIFI & Repeater. We integrated original outside repeater box into the drone (the outside repeater box is a big radiation and not able to pass test), and are upgrading the WIFI module from 2.4G to 2.4G/5G double bank module for wireless range compensation. You know if use in crowded circumstance (most WIFI frequency work at 2.4G), the 2.4G/5G will have more band and not be communication blocking.
In additional, we found some small issues when we test the first batch products, such as
1, the buoy switch seawater corrosion. We have replaced the new switch and it work well without corrosion.
2, The motors of thrusters hot issue. We have upgrade the heat dissipation design and work well.
Some other issues but already be resolved.
Itís not a simple product, what we can do is test more, find more issues and get them resolved before shipping to you. Fortunately, the issues are getting less and less.
Crowdfunding is backing, not purchasing. Thank you for backing us on campaign, and we never stop moving forward. Why not give us more patience for waiting the remaining days? We wouldn't like to delay any day, we also want to finish the shipping as soon as possible.
Trust is most important. Thank you!
Aug 10, 2017, 01:46 PM
And this is the website for orders now the Indiegogo campaign has finished

Quote:
You can place a pre-order at our official website: http://www.chasing-innovation.com/ And we will ship pre-orders after we complete our indiegogo orders. So you probably get it in Sep. :P If you wanna know more details, you can contact Tiya Tian via email: [email protected]. Thank you

Gladius ROV
Gladius underwater drone camera
CHASING-INNOVATION.COM

Quick Reply