Ritewing Mini Drak

Available at ReadyMadeRC and other retailers, the Mini Drak is a smaller version of the high-performance Ritewing Drak. It's designed to go fast and stay aloft for longer, all while retaining excellent slow speed handling characteristics.

Splash

A Pint-Sized Version of the Drak

The majority of fixed-wing FPV jockies have seen or heard about the high-performance Drak FPV airplane from Ritewing; an EPP monster with impressive flight characteristics at any speed. Not only does the Drak fly 90+ straight and level, but it slows down nicely for controlled landings and is rather easy to hand launch. Now, Chris Klick at Ritewing has finally introduced the much anticipated Mini Drak to fill the "easy to launch, easy to transport" void left by it's behemoth big brother.

The Mini Drak sports a much more manageable 40" wingspan with roughly 550 square inches of wing area; with a price tag of $175, it's also much more friendly on your finances than the big Drak. Constructed of high density EPP, the Mini Drak features 12 fiberglass strip spars for added rigidity, and 2-piece carbon fiber tube spars that allow the wings to be removed for transport. The center section has plenty of room inside for 4s LiPo's in the 3300mAh and up range, and the Ritewing Secret Sauce 1700 motor and esc combo can be had for around $125.

CLICK HERE to purchase the Ritewing Mini Drak at ReadyMadeRc

Contact Chris at Ritewing directly at: [email protected]

CLICK HERE for the Ritewing webpage.

What's Included?

• 12 Fiber glass strip spars
  • 2 main Carbon fiber slip spars with fiber glass sleeves .
  • 6 piece Coroplast package for lids winglets and vertical stabilizers
  • 2 custom 3/8 x 1 3/4 x 18 balsa control surfaces
  • 1 2 piece CNC aluminum motor mount assembly

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Mar 28, 2017 at 08:27 AM..
Mar 27, 2017, 02:30 PM
Video?!?
Mar 27, 2017, 05:14 PM
Mum is the word!

Md vid

Here ya go. It almost flys digital. This is 100% manual flight.
REC 0004 (5 min 53 sec)
Mar 28, 2017, 01:24 PM
Boom. Im under construction. Going to be a blast!! As always, thanks again Chris.
Mar 29, 2017, 07:23 AM
As it's moulded in Germany I wonder if there's scope for somebody putting kits together there for sale in Europe? Shipping from the US plus tax & import duty on top is a killer over here. You would obviously save the cost of shipping the bulky foam components from Germany to the US too.

??
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Mar 29, 2017, 11:33 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Just loved this design since the big one went for sale. This will be my next plane
Mar 31, 2017, 07:58 PM
Hmmmmmm...This or the Zephyr III?
Mar 31, 2017, 09:06 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
I have the ZIII, it's a solid performer, but the Mini Drak will be a little more efficient in flight.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Apr 01, 2017, 03:01 PM
That foam reminds of that really tough foam from my Funjet Ultra. Good stuff.

From your video I can't tell how you launched it.
May 20, 2017, 11:23 PM
what size are the spars? I dont have a caliper and I F'd one up so I need to get a replacement.

they are 220
Last edited by nabbs1; May 22, 2017 at 09:17 AM.
May 21, 2017, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Here ya go. It almost flys digital. This is 100% manual flight. https://youtu.be/6Uehe6rUlRs
Is there an outside view video. Sorry but PFV videos don't tell me anything of how it flies.
Last edited by fly2bob; Sep 10, 2017 at 05:51 PM.
May 23, 2017, 09:06 PM
Where is the CG on this thing?
Sep 08, 2017, 12:38 PM
Whats the top speed on this airframe? Is 130mph+ achievable?

Quick Reply